Remodel & Renovate in Denver>Question Details

Antonette Ha…, Home Buyer in Denver, CO

Why does Homepath mortgage have manufactured homes on their home path renovation list for sale. And yet their is no financing for manufactured homes.

Asked by Antonette Hayden, Denver, CO Sun Apr 17, 2011

I am intrested in a home path home, it is a manufactured double wide. It is on its own lot has city sewer, city water and set up for permanet residency, It is on the list of home path homes , but only for renovation loan through home path. Yet know one seems to know where to get the financing for the home in hompath mtg. beacuse it is a manufactured home.Getting discussted with this company.

Answers

4
Hi, Ticked Off,

It's frustrating, I'm sure. Unfortunately, this whole mortgage mess has changed the direction of some lenders. And even though they may have offered financing on manufactured homes in the past, there is no guarantee that it is still available from them.

Have you considered an FHA 203K rehabilitation loan? If you are not familiar with it, it is a program of the FHA that allows you to secure the financing to buy the property, and then allows you to add the cost (up to $35,000) of the renovation/rehab to the loan amount, so that you pay for it over the term of your loan. There are more perks to the 203K, and there are many lenders in Denver that offer this type of financing. You can look them up on hud.gov.

If I can be of more assistance, you can contact me at tracyhoward@distressedhomeownerhq.com.

Good luck to you.
Tracy Howard
Broker/Owner, Distressed Homeowner Headquarters
Denver, CO
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 18, 2011
Ticked Off,
Do yourself a favor and contact this person:

Nic Netherton
Mortgage Loan Officer
Cornerstone Mortgage Company
Fort Collins, CO 80525
970-590-5021
NNetherton@houseloan.com
You may want to check around. I have sold (from the Listing side) several manufactured homes that had concrete foundations that did get loans. I have been told, (you will need to substantiate for yourself) that if the home has a foundation then it can get a loan.... But, unfortunately... everyone lumps "manufactured homes" into one category and not many lenders understand how to get it done. My point is that not all "manufactured homes" are grouped together and some CAN get financing.
Ticked Off,

Good question. the best place to start is with your Buyer's Broker, then the Listing Broker, and then your lender. I would suggest submitting the question on the Homepath Website as well. These organizations such as this have there own set of rules and regulations that seem to make sense to them and no one else. Good luck with this one.

Robert McGuire