Where can I get the building plans for a chalet I would like to purchase and renovate? It was built 1972 - 1973. The owner does not have any plans!

Asked by Ellen Moss, Pocono Lake, PA Mon Jun 21, 2010

Answers

4
Lori Jurkows…, Agent, Chatham, MA
Mon Jul 23, 2012
Hi Deb,
The local building department (at the town hall) normally has a file on most of the homes in the town and may have a copy of the plans. I would try there if you haven't already. Good luck!
Deb Pettersen, , Maxatawny, PA
Mon Jul 23, 2012
LIBERTY HOMES IS THE PLACE TOO LOOK
David Zucker…, , Frederick, MD
Sun Jun 27, 2010
If you need assistance with financing I am an expert on the FHA 203k rehab loan. The house does have to be your primary residence though. Check out my website if you need to access a FHA 203k rehab loan mortgage loan and paymet calculator.

David Zuckerman
Web Reference:  http://www.rehab203kloan.com
Maggie Flart…, Agent, Blakeslee, PA
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Ellen - I would guess that most of our sellers don't have the plans from the home they built, expecialy if it is an older property. I did a remodel and the builder I used did the plans for me. Another of my friends hired an architect to develop the plans for her remodeling. Call local engineering company or architect and they would be able to help you and guide you with something that makes the most sense.