What is the avg $/sqft for an addition in the Roseville, CA area?

Asked by Docdiemer, 95661 Thu Apr 22, 2010

Answers

2
Jim Walker, Agent, Carmichael, CA
Thu Apr 22, 2010
Call my contractor and neighbor, tell him the size, purpose, intended use of your addition. If it will be on a slab or foundation, tell him what your heating and cooling needs are. Tell him what style and type of construction the main house is.

Tell him how you want the addition to connect to the original house. How many square feet of windows, types of interior finishes to the addition. He'll have other questions too, I am sure.

My neighbor:
:Nole Gemmell
Contractor, NRG Construction
Nole@surewest.net
916-677-7161 - Mobile
916-772-5675 - Home

Next answer to the question not asked.:

the added real estate resale value in todays real estate market, of the addition, will almost certainly be less than the total cost in todays dollars of building it.

Another answer to an unasked question: Never, never, never, ever never build an addition without proper building permits. It is the stupidest thing a person can do without matches. .
Brian Frank, , Roseville, CA
Thu Apr 22, 2010

What do you mean? Are you asking the average cost for adding to your home? This can depend greatly on the addition being done. Contractors can charge $150-$300 per sq ft. I would advise to get multiple bids and check their licenses.
Brian Frank