What is a ball-park figure for renovating a 2 bed 2 bath apartment in riverdale?

Asked by R S, New York Sun Feb 5, 2012

Requirements: new kitchen appliances, cabinets, floor. New bathroom fixtures -- toilet, sink, faucets. Renovation of 1 shower. Paint throughout.

Answers

5
Rey Hollings…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Mon Feb 6, 2012
Every year Remodeling Magazine does a study of which remodeling projects return the highest value for the dollars invested. It’s called the Cost vs. Value Report. They ranked the remodeling projects that returned the biggest impact upon sale of the house. Here are the top ten in the Tri-state area.

Job Cost Resale Value Cost Recouped Project
$1,248 $1,217 97.50% Entry Door Replacement (steel)
$10,980 $8,920 81.20% Siding Replacement (vinyl)
$11,909 $9,007 75.65% Window Replacement (vinyl or wood)
$53,780 $39,292 73.10% Attic Bedroom
$22,130 $15,973 72.20% Minor Kitchen Remodel
$11,260 $7,917 70.30% Deck Addition (wood)
$17,383 $11,817 68.00% Bathroom Remodel
$59,905 $39,860 66.50% Major Kitchen Remodel
$15,890 $10,404 65.50% Deck Addition (composite)
$22,292 $14,508 65.10% Roofing Replacement

If you would like a free home analysis of ten low cost projects you can do, to increase the value of your home…AskRey.

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
rhollingsworth@houlihanlawrence.com
Web Reference:  http://AskRey.net
It would be good to know what kind of value a remodel would have for your home. Knowing that work and money that is being invested will actually be a good investment is important. Personally, I would think a remodeled bathroom would be the most useful and beneficial.
http://www.innovationsinbuilding.com.au
Flag Wed Nov 5, 2014
Esther Zimet, Agent, Bronx, NY
Mon Feb 6, 2012
I am selling a very large 2 bedroom , 2 bath Apt. with a terrace in Central Riverdale. I spoke to a contractor who is reasonably priced and for $22,000 he will paint the apt., pick up all of the old carpeting, polyeurethane the hardwood floors and put in a new kitchen (with all new appliances -Home Depot grade) and new bathroom and remove the old air conditioners. Obviously the price changes depending on the quality of the materilas used, brand and style of appliances and many other factors. Each apt. gets priced differently depending on some of the
above factors. I would be happy to share his number with you.
Please call me at 917-838-3440 for more information.
Esther Zimet
EZ Premier Realty LLC
The Good Guys, , Riverdale, Bronx, NY
Mon Feb 6, 2012
After reading the answer that you received; I think you have received some excellent advice.

The actual size and layout of the apartment does vary when renovations are being considered. Also what is required by the board must be entered into the equation. Some buildings require that you replace the piping in the kitchen & Bath if you renovate those area. this can increase the cost dramatically.

There are so many different variables (materials, different lighting fixtures, cabinets, countertops; appliances ; the list is endless) that can affect costs. That being said, I have recently started a new home improvement company in Riverdale. We are a company that listens to the needs of our clients; works within budgets; helps with designs; and together; come to economical and stunning results. We also work very closely with a local real estate company and therefore, can speak to you about resale value and make sure your money is spent wisely.

On our most recent job, we are coming in under budget and returning money to the owner (how many contractors can say that?).

I look forward to speaking with you if you have more questions. I can be reached at 914.715.3234.

JOANNE HEYMAN
Michael Levy, Agent, Armonk, NY
Mon Feb 6, 2012
Hi: I have a great contractor I can introduce you to. He does a lot of work for my buyers. Everybody is happy with him & recommends him. He can also sometimes beat your other prices. The cheapest you could probably do it is for $20K-$30K(?). If you want his number, please call me at my office: 914-273-9688, Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits.
Irene Guanill, Agent, Bronx, NY
Sun Feb 5, 2012
I don't think anyone can tell you a ball park figure as it depends on so many aspects. Who your contractor is one factor, the materials you will require. Are you renovating the kitchen and bathroom only or are you renovating every room in addition to the kitchen and bathroom.

Are you considering doing the work yourself or are you hiring a friend?

However you decide to move forward you should do your research on every portion and layout your changes prior to making any changes on paper.

Find out the cost of your materials and compare prices from one supplier to another. I usually ask for minimum 5 estimates because as I am comparing pricing I find that different contractors will give you different information and if you interview enough you can understand what is really needed to complete your job vs what one wants to change you for their benefit.

My advice is do your research, layout your plan and interview a minimum of 5 contractors to evaluate what your job will cost to renovate a 2 bedroom coop in Riverdale?
Web Reference:  http://www.homedepot.com