What can I do if a broker refuses to pay the charges for Property Preservation services she requested?

Asked by Kirk, Dallas, TX Thu Dec 18, 2008

I'm a contractor with a newly formed business of my own and have not encountered this problem before. Can I apply a lien on the properties? Should I contact the bank that actually owns them? Please help.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Confer with attorney HOWEVER per the laws of state of Texas you have approx. 90 days from last day you completed the work. If you are not paid complete due diligence via certified letters and etc. you can apply lien up to $10K via small claims court. FYI small claims court you dont need an attorney represent you they have forms court house you can complete. The certified letters will be matter for record you made attempts to receive payment. I am hopeful you have a signed contract IF YOU DON'T it is your word vs. owner word.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Thu Dec 18, 2008
Contact the broker first....then perhaps the asset holder. Then perhaps file a lien.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamlynn.com
0 votes
Margaret T.…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Thu Dec 18, 2008
I must be old and dumb - What are Property Preservation services?
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more