I worked for my parents early in my career who both built and renovated houses and apartments. Below is what you need to consider:
1. It depends on many things, are your current bathrooms 2 full baths?
2. Is one in the master and the other an upstairs guest bath?
3. If yes to 1 & 2, which one do you ant to convert?
4. If it is the master, it may help your value if you are going for a walk in shower.
5. If it is the guest bath, you may want to reconsider.
-If you live in a family neighborhood and a couple with young kids looks at the home, they will want a bath.
6. Hire a licensed contractor, check their referrals, make sure they get permits.
7. In order to do 6, you will need a plan to submit. Cantractor should be able to apply.
8. Your home will then be a 3 BR 1 3/4 BA
Hope this helps,
Mark and Kari Shea
San Diego Real Estate Experts
Foreclosure, Short Sale & Investment Specialists,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate