Unsatisfied with remodel. Sent demand letter, no response. What is my next step in filing the small claim?

Asked by Klo1013, Brooklyn, NY Mon Mar 25, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Mar 25, 2013
Depending on the amount, you may wish to consult with an attorney....
0 votes
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Mar 25, 2013
It is always best to try to work it out with your contractor, if that does not work. File a complaint with the Department of Consumer Affairs, the licensing agency that licenses contractors.
Small Claims is only up to $5,000.00
You file in the Civil Court in the county you live in. In Brooklyn it is at 141 Livingston St.

Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more