Remodeling for less?

Asked by Melinla, Los Angeles, CA Thu May 7, 2009

Hi all, It's Melinda Fulmer with MSN Real Estate. Looks like contractors are hungrier and prices are dropping for home improvement projects. Does anyone here have a story to tell about launching a project and getting a much lower quote than before? Please message/email me if you do. I'd love to chat with you about it. My deadline is end of day tomorrow (Friday.) Would also like to talk to any contractors out there about their experience during this downturn...

Thanks.
Melinda
melinda.fulmer@gmail.com

Answers

2
Mannie, , Fairfax Station, VA
Sat Jan 2, 2010
Hi Melinda - I had to resod my front lawn because it looked horrible and my home owner association was hounding me about getting it up to par. The first time I started looking into it I was quoted between $1200 - $1500. I decided to wait and asked my home owner's association for an extension - so glad I did - I got the entire lawn resodded for $590!! It looks great and now it is the envy of the neighborhood.
Gloria Commi…, Agent, Hermosa Beach, CA
Fri Jan 1, 2010
Hi melinda,I had an estimate for replacing a long driveway and repairing a walk way. I had estimates from 12k to 16k. I recently recieved 2 new estimates 7k and 9k. I also had paint estimates that were about 30% less. its a good time to get work done!

gcommiso@kw.com