Need aggressive attorney in metro Boston to settle w/duplex condo assoc for ADA access/addition. Alternative litigation preferred.

Asked by Walnut, Newton, MA Sun Sep 25, 2011

Legally blind elderly couple (80 yrs/90yrs) added new addition (total: 45 SF which includes an accessible bathroom) to unit #1 on basis of implied (not explicit written) acceptance by unit #2 duplex condo association member. As result, Unit #2 member demands personal settlement.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Mon Sep 26, 2011
Parker Scheer LLP
Very competent reasonably priced
Ryan Kelly heads the real estate division
Web Reference:
0 votes
, ,
Mon Sep 26, 2011
Contact Elliott Topkins, Esq, Tobkins and Bevans, at 617.236.0104 (office) or 617.596.3184 (cell). I have been blogging on the same platform with Elliott for over a year and the gentleman knows his stuff and he is truly a caring and ethical individual. His specialty is Real Estate and Title law and he is a licensed RE would be in great hands with him. Wish you the best of luck!
0 votes
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Sun Sep 25, 2011
Walnut, try calling Attorney Richard Vetstein at Vetstein law group. You can google him or email me at and I will give you his number.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Sep 25, 2011
Did you get a building permit? Sounds like you expanded the property?

How do the condo bylaws read regarding this matter. In duplex most times the land is split in the middle if that is the case unit 2 has no legal grounds to stop your addition.

Possible claim would be increase in exterior liability insurance and reserve for replacement of siding, painting and roof, so your % of condo fee could increase. Your personal assessment from the city should increase as well.

He wants a personal settlement for what? I know plenty of great Newton attorneys. Hope you pulled a building permit.
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Sep 25, 2011
For attorney referrals contact the Bar Association, see link below....
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more