Joanie, Home Buyer in Norcross, GA

Looking for FHA 203k contractors in Atlanta

Asked by Joanie, Norcross, GA Tue May 19, 2009

Can anyone provide references to contractors willing and able to work with 203k program?

Answers

15
areibly, , Atlanta, GA
Tue Dec 17, 2013
AR Services, LLC
"A Quality Home Company"
2295 Towne Lake Pkwy
Suite 116-188
Woodstock, Ga 30189
678-444-2202 ofc

Lic. Gen. Contractor, Realtors, FHA 203K Consultant

Very experienced at 203K reno's and all of the hurdles invloved. Thanks!
Jenile, Home Owner, Atlanta, GA
Wed May 1, 2013
Try CT Bates Inc. Chris Bates is reliable and conscientious. He is meticulous and takes pride in his work. He is honest and ont cut corners. He does quality work. Call him at 678-776-2648 or visit his website. Westgeorgiaremodeling.com
Chris Colvin, Other Pro, Marietta, GA
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Artisan-in-the-city is absolutely right. On a 203k, it's very important to track the details - and always be present for a building inspection if you can. Photograph the building permit card that is signed off on as well- lots of important notes are put there. The contractor or record will have to complete the Lenders 'Contractor Validation Package' - to validate on to the loan pre-closing, which is a good safety valve at the very least. And never, ever, take the low bidder - I deal with that problem all the time. To quote the Buddha - 3 things shall not be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.

chris c.
Shari A. Th…, , Atlanta, GA
Thu Dec 1, 2011
Hello Joanie,

My firm has much experience with 203k rehab loans and I would be delighted to assist you with your search. My contact info is as follows:

Shari@EndlessSolutionsRealty.com
678-608-7330
EndlessSolutionsRealty.com

Thank you for your trust!
Artisian_in_…, Home Owner, Tallahassee, FL
Thu Dec 1, 2011
One more thought.

Make sure you document everything before and during the renovation process. This means keeping detailed records on bids, notes of phone calls, letters, and take THOUSANDS of photos before and during the process. Of every room , from different perspectives.. of the yard, of the exeterior.. the roof, attic. Climb around and document everything. Don't just assume your home inspector has your back. They may, but then they may have just not given a damn that day. Take pictures until your fingers bleed. Save them. You will thank yourself later.

Make sure whatever consultant and contractor understands your intent to be involved in the process (in terms of being on site to photograph and inspect). If either raises concerns, DO NOT HIRE THEM.

One other thing -- on your paper that outlines what work is to be done.. this document is prepared by the 203k consultant in conjuction with the builder. Beware -- it will be intentionally worded as vaguely as possible to prevent you from holding either of them accountable. Look for phrasing like "replace deck on back of house". No details on what materials are used, how tall, what size footings, finishing, ect. This way when they build a deck to sub industry standards using non-pressure treated wood they can point back at the contract and say see, we did exactly what the contract says (replace deck on back of house). Just as an example. Be creative.. imagine how you can get thrown over a barrel and visualize it happening. Protect yourself by demanding specifics on everything.

And again - document everything. If possible record phone calls. Sign up for YouMail and save any voicemails left. Save text messages. And most importantly photograph everything over and over as the work is done.

You'll thank yourself later.
Thu Dec 1, 2011
To anyone reading this and looking for 203k consultants and contractors. Buyer beware. I found out the hard way that there are SNAKES in this business.

One way it works is a general contractor will get licensed with the FHA to become a consultant. These people will in turn scratch the backs of contractors by advocating for higher prices and lower quality -- while telling the consumer that he is doing just the opposite.

Also, snakes looking to worm their way into the contracting industry will sign up to be consultants as a stepping stone. Like above, they will bend over backwards to make the contractors happy, while telling their customers they are looking out for them.

Press too hard during a renovation and you'll find out exactly what kind of character your 203k consultant has.

My best advice for any potential homeowner / renovator is to stop and look both ways before crossing the street. Educate yourself on home construction. Watch as many episodes of Holmes on Homes and Holmes Inspection as you can. If you have your eye on a place, get as many different second opinions as you can afford.

Beware that some inspectors are going to do as little as they can for their pay, and you may be left on the hook for things they missed.

You don't need to become a GC yourself, but the more you know about house construction basics the less likely you will be used as target practice by the 203k consultant / general contractor brigade.

I wish I could say more, but I agreed to shut my mouth about the bad experiences I had in return for finally getting some expensive goofs fixed.

I hope there are some 203k consultants out there who are less inclined to work as an agent for the contractors. I rolled snake eyes with the one I picked, and he talked a GOOD game going into it.

again -- buyer beware.

Don't trust the BBB, they aren't always aware of the rotten apples. Some homeowners (me) retracted statements in order to get work completed satisfactorily. Do not contact me for names, as I will not share.

Just do your due diligence, educate yourselves on home construction, and BE CAREFUL.
Laura Pena, , Lawrenceville, GA
Thu Dec 1, 2011
HP Home Improvements is an approved 203k loan General Contractor with Wells Fargo and other banks. Looking for a contractor you can trust, call Greg at 404-931-3686. HP Home Improvements can help explain the process as well as give you a free estimate. We do the whole project so you don't have to deal with multiple contractors.
Jason Fritz, , Marietta, GA
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Hi Joanie, My name is Jason Fritz. I am a licensed General Contractor and HUD 203k Consultant in Georgia. We have completed hundreds of 203k projects and offer very competetitive pricing as well as excellent customer service and overall project satisfaction. I would love the opprotunity to discuss your project with you. You can visit our websites at http://www.TrueCraft.net or http://www.GravityConsultingGroup.com
or call me directly at 678-873-5260. Thanks, and Good Luck.
Jason Fritz
Pyramid, , Atlanta, GA
Sun May 30, 2010
We are an experienced general contractor here in Atlanta. We are currently in the system for Wells Fargo and have experience in this particular process. Call us today or email and we would love to help assist you into transforming your home! http://www.pyramidatlanta.com, pyramidatlanta@comcast.net, http://www.georgia203Kcontractors.com
Epic Remodel…, Both Buyer And Seller, 21861
Tue Feb 23, 2010
As a pre-approved FHA, HUD, 203K, Conventional or Streamline bank loan contractor, Epic Remodeling and Restoration will provide a comprehensive overview of the entire project. This will include detailed budgeting, initial design consultation and firm completion dates. Our systems and experience in completing over 200 bank loaned projects allows us to guide our customers successfully through the entire renovation process with relative ease. Give us a call 303-393-0895 or check us out at http://www.EpicRemodelingDenver.com
Roger, , Hapeville, GA
Thu Jul 23, 2009
joanie,

i am a licenced g.c.--residential and commercial experience +20yrs. currently on 2 -203 k projects w/ 3 more pending. not the cheapest but the best quality contractor for the money. check out our website http://www.rekast.com

best to you, roger---rekast design group---
Web Reference:  http://www.rekast.com
Will, , Atlanta, GA
Thu May 21, 2009
Let me know if I can answer any questions you might have about renovation lending. I am a renovation specialist with Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. We finance 1 in every 4 homes in this market.
Rick Payne As…, Agent, Norcross, GA
Wed May 20, 2009
Good Morning Joanie,

I have an excellent Mortgage Officer I use. She is excellent with FHA loans and the 203K loan program. Here is Lisa's officer number 678-615-5226 and email larmistead@comcast.net. My contact information is (cell) 678-427-5512 and email repayne7@bellsouth.net. I would appreciate the opportunity to work with you as a buyers agent.

Warmest Regards,

Rick pyne
Keller WilliamsRealty
Scott Eaves, , Atlanta, GA
Wed May 20, 2009
Call Roger Fisher @ (404) 391-6538 - he's the contractor for two 203K loans that I just completed. He does great work too!
Carol Wilson, Agent, MARIETTA, GA
Tue May 19, 2009
I have one that I trust. Call me and I'll give you his name and number.

Carol 404-819-0591