Is this a good time to tear down a small house in Narragansett(Bonnet),and put up a modular home? Any town restrictions.?

Asked by Gerrie, Back Bay, Boston, MA Sun Dec 9, 2012

Answers

2
Steven Rei, Agent, Narragansett, RI
Sat Mar 2, 2013
I would talk to the professional at CRM modular homes http://www.crmmodularhomes.com/. They are
Bonnet Shores area experts.
Joseph Del S…, Agent, Cranston, RI
Sun Dec 9, 2012
Gerrie, I would hire a local architect or engineer to help you with the building permit for the property. There are definitely building requirements you will have to meet. More than likely you will have to build on top of the current foundation, but that should be looked into also. You will have to adhere to current zoning requirements for minimum frontage, lot coverage and building setbacks. If the house was built on an older lot and is currently an allowed non conforming use, you may have to go before the zoning board if you plan on changing the footprint. This would require you to have a survey plan of the property, and make a formal submission to planning/zoning boards for review. It's a little more complicated than just throwing up a modular home. Hope this information is helpful. If you need a local architect for a consultation just contact me via the contact button near my name. Good Luck. Joe