I would like to sell my home in evergreen to a developer. Existing structure is good but can be more. Property is dbl lot.

Asked by Annie, 60805 Thu Jul 29, 2010

Answers

7
Kristi Turn, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Tue Feb 1, 2011
Resided in EP for 23 years. Would like to meet you. I am a full time consecutive top producer with Coldwell Banker. Please phone me @ your
earliest convenience
Kristi Turn. 312-504-6008
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 30, 2010
The only developers buying are the developers that are looking to steal a property. Get what you can off whatever buyer you can get. I would get your agent to market your property to everyone. If you dont have an agent, go out and get one. Interview two or three agents and go with the one you mesh best with.

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlaricy@americorpre.com
708-250-2696
Suzanne Hami…, Agent, Orland Park, IL
Fri Jul 30, 2010
Annie - I would definately open it up to everyone. That way you can be open to any potential buyer.

After working with builders for 20 years, I can tell you a prime developer/builder for this land would be a smaller individual rehabber or construction company who are looking for inexpensive properties to improve. If permissable by the town, this could be two homes for them, so that is attractive.

Here are some things to consider. Of course, pricing is key. For developers, it has to make sense for them business wise. It is going to have to be a great deal and you are competing with distressed land on this. If there are already newer properties in the area, that is great. It also depends on the value of the surrounding houses and the potential development in the area.

I don't know if you are by the hospital, but sometimes those areas are more attractive for rehabs or tear downs. I would be happy to give you more information on this or list your property on our website for FREE.
Web Reference:  http://ownatauction.com
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 30, 2010
Develpers have gone into hibernation for the past 2-3 years because they cannot get easy financing/credit to buy and build on 'speculation' because the potential buyers have also dried up. In addition developers are the cheapest folks out there alwyas looking to low ball and 'steal' something.
Just speak with a few agents to get a few market analyses to see what your property is worth and put it on the market. You should care about the price, not who the buyer is.

philip
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Fri Jul 30, 2010
Annie, you should have a couple of agents that are experienced in your neighborhood come by and provcide you with a brokers price opinion, they can let you know what the value of your house is and assist you with a marketing plan. A builder, developer or investor willnot want to pay anywhere near market value, they will want a great disclunt off what your market value is.

before taking such a loss, check with the professional of what your options are.

good luck with your sale.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Robert Jarvis, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Jul 30, 2010
Good Morning Annie,

I'm not sure why you would want to choose a developer / rehabber to purchase your property over the everyday home buyer. Isn't there something we can do attract your home to buyers coming through your area?

As of today, we have a 10-11 months supply of inventory in Evergreen Park with an absorbtion rate of 12-13 homes sold per month. The good news is that today there are 36 properties under contract waiting to close!

We as Real Estate Agents would love to help you find a buyer for your home.

Robert Jarvis
Direct: 773-572-2362
RobertJarvis@AnOpenHome.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AnOpenHome.com
Dona L Crane, , Chicago, IL
Thu Jul 29, 2010
Hi Annie, you're up late!

Is there a particular reason that you prefer a developer rather than an investor or individual buyer? I may have someone in mind but I would need a few more details.

Dona L. Crane, Real Estate Specialist &
Accredited Distressed Property Representative
773.418.0202 or donacrane@gmail.com