I recently had a flood in my basement. The damage was pretty extensive. I now have to replace wood paneling with dry wall, replace carpet and doors,

Asked by Ltb, 20607 Thu Jan 21, 2010

and completely remove the flooring in the laundry room. Do you know of any good independent contractors servicing Prince George's County MD?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jo Soss, , Bremerton, WA
Wed Jan 27, 2010
I would list your problem at the site Service Magic and receive inquiries from local contractors that have went through a screening process. I have used them with good results.
0 votes
Reonls, , South Carolina
Thu Jan 21, 2010
I would first do some research into some of the local businesses that deal with your specific challenge. Due to a shaky economy you should find that the prices to repair/remodel very reasonable. And who ever you hire to do the work make sure you see their credential,photos of work they have done and take the time to call some of their former clients to get an overall idea of how good they are.

0 votes
Bill Wootan's…, , Waldorf, MD
Thu Jan 21, 2010
How about the mold - did you get it in time that it did not start growing?

I do a lot of foreclosed properties and that is the main problem we have - electric off, sump pump not working, heavy rain, etc!

Check with Angie's list on the internet for contactors in your area. Or call me and give me your phone number and I will have my list of contractors that the mortgage companies use to contact you!

Bill Wootann
Web Reference:  http://www.billwootan.com
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jan 21, 2010

Consider referring to http://www.linkedin.com a website that features professional networking. This is a resource that has helped many others.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more