I'm interested in a house that would need a full gut renovation, I am considering hiring a interior designer. do I need a seperate CKD and CKB?

Asked by Denise, 10025 Mon Nov 4, 2013

the portfolios I've viewed only show living spaces i.e. bed, living, dining and family rooms

Answers

5
Dixon Wong, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Nov 5, 2013
Hi Denise,

If you want to be confident about the work is done right, then you should hire someone with the designation.

But often times a licensed contractor will able to help you with your remodeling needs too. Just make sure they are boned and insured. And part of the 75214 area is historial area, so just make sure you go thru the city to get proper permit prior to the remodeling start. Otherwise the city has the right to shut down the projects until proper permits are issued.

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Nov 4, 2013
I rarely see those designations.....

If you get a good architect and aren't doing anything really crazy, I would think one person can do it all. It probably depends on how much money you want to spend and perhaps if you're putting in a commercial kitchen.
I have seen the inside it would actually be a purchase from someone I know that rented the home ..so Im fully aware of its problems..I was just doing research and read that it would be best to have someone that was certified to do kitchens and/or baths it was confusing and thanks for the help but im on the n.e. coast
Flag Mon Nov 4, 2013
Philip Watki…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Nov 4, 2013
Helloooo Denise! No, I do not think you need a separate CKD OR CKB, in order to get that done. Out of curiosity have you seen the inside of it or are you just going of what you see online? Real Estate agents have a way of making *^%& homes look good. If you want help from yours truly give me a shout. I can be reached at (469) 855-9558.
Barbara Wils…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Mon Nov 4, 2013
I'm not sure what you are asking. An interior designer does not do the renovations. Many do have contractors they use but they are different specialties. If you need help locating a property to purchase, please let me know. I handle distressed properties as well as conventional sales and have experience with homes needing renovation loans. I also have hands on knowledge with home building and renovation which would be valuable to you in your decision as to which home to purchase.

Barbara Wilson
StarCrest Realty
214-564-7579
Kenneth "Ken…, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Nov 7, 2013
It all depends on what your goal is.
http://www.tcrdallas.com