I'm having a pool removed in Lafayette. What soil compaction level is required in order for us to build atop of the area?

Asked by Daylan, Lafayette, CA Tue Apr 17, 2012

Home improvement in Lafayette

Answers

3
Walter 'Skip' Kersten’s answer
Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Wed Apr 18, 2012
Hi Daylan,
As Steve mentioned, check with the city building department. You will need to pull a permit to have the pool removed. The city should have a requirement list for having the pool removed including minimum compaction rates. Make sure you discuss building over the pool area and get the building departments input.
Cmingo, Home Buyer, Lafayette, CA
Tue Jul 23, 2013
I you want to build a road or house atop, subgrades must be compacted so that the minimum dry density achieved exceeds 95% of the Standard Proctor Maximum dry density.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Apr 17, 2012
Daylan:

You should contact the Lafayette permitting office to have them provide some guidance regarding this especially if you are going to be building over the former pool area (make sure to let them know about this very important detail of your remodel plans): http://tinyurl.com/cud837h

-Steve