I am putting a small 6x4 roof deck on my condo roof, do I need permit for a deck that small?

Asked by Rdacey2000, 19147 Tue Apr 13, 2010

Answers

4
Bruce Lang, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Thu Jan 27, 2011
First step is to get condo approval. Then get letters from neighbors. Then go to licenses/inspections. You can work through lic and inspections at city hall or grab a local attorney. Marsha Wolf or frank ermilo would be happy to help. Since it's a condo, you will also need an engineer or architect to provide drawings. My guess is you will faint at the cost.
James Ryan, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Leesburg, VA
Wed Apr 14, 2010
Permits without question, however, in most condo's, you do not own the roof, and are not allowed to alter the exterior. Check with your condo documents and Condo Association....Best of luck! Jim
Home Savings of America
since 1935, Nationwide.
703 591 5626 ext 419
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Apr 13, 2010
Dear Rdacey2000,

Please do get the required permits and use licensed contractors for the work you are considering. Permits represent the "minimum" in building requirements and are in place to protect YOU the property owner from poor workmanship.
Unpermitted work=poor work.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Apr 13, 2010
Does the complex allow you to do that--if you haven't checked do check beforehand--yes, permits are necessary, check with your licensed contractor and or local building's department for additional information