I am considering becoming a realtor however I am not sure how much the average salary is in my area for northern illinois lake county area?

Asked by listingwithloganluptak, Lake, IL Sun Jul 22, 2012

Answers

1
Jay Ruhm, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Sun Jul 22, 2012
There isn't really a good answer to that, but consider this:

-You will need to be able to survive with little to no income for the first 4 months or so.
-By the time you pay for everything needed to get your license, initial board fees, and any other fees charged by the brokerage you join, you will be out of pocket anywhere from $1500-$2000, maybe more.
-You will need to have a strong plan to market yourself - Leads (clients) don't appear out of thin air.
-You will need to have the money to market any listings that you get in the beginning, and that can get expensive.

If you have strong motivation to succeed, a strong marketing plan, and start up funds to get you by for a while, then do it.

A simpler answer to your question is this - somewhere between bankruptcy and a cushy 6 figure income.
Thanks Jay, that sure puts things more in a detailed perspective.
Flag Sun Jul 22, 2012