llaroco, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

How much would it cost to demolish a house built in 1923 on a 38x123 lot in Forest Park, IL 60130?

Asked by llaroco, Chicago, IL Thu Jan 31, 2013

Answers

3
John Bates, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Jan 31, 2013
A home built in 1923 will more than likely have asbestos, and lead paint. Is this home of any historical significance? It may be in a protected historic district. It is best to start with City Hall and find out what the ordinance is to tear down a home. They have a list of procedures, and steps to take. The City should also have a list of approved contractors that can perform the job. The same contractors can give you a bid for the demolition. http://www.forestpark.net
Frank Difebo, Agent, Oak park, IL
Thu Jan 31, 2013
You haven't given me enough information about the property. I would need to know if heavy construction can access the site. I would also need the size( square footage) of the home, number of stories and type of construction , brick or frame. the cost will also depend if there is remediation work ( i.e. removal of asbestos) needed before the demo.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu Jan 31, 2013
Much will depend on if there are any hazardous materials used such as asbestos siding or insulation on pipes. Around here a demo costs $20-30k with no complications requiring mitigation.