How much to finish an Attic??

Asked by Talltam, 08110 Tue Sep 22, 2009

My attic is about 350 square feet. It currently has an attic fan, electric (wired and working), ample windows and space (head room), staircase, and is about 90% insulated.

So the main things I'm looking for in finishing is, finished flooring (current has just floor boards), a half bath, skylight, a closet, and ductwork for heating/cooling. This, along with the usual drywall and painting.

Anyone have a ball-park range of what this would cost me?

Thank you!!

Answers

2
FrankyRealty, , Arlington, VA
Fri Sep 10, 2010
Hey Talltam,
What did you end up doing about that admn fee from your other post? Did you tell them it was illegal?
Can you email me directly, I have a non public question for you.

Frank
FranklyRealty.com
Web Reference:  http://franklyrealty.com
Kenneth Verb…, Agent, PRINCETON, NJ
Wed Sep 23, 2009
check with local building dept as you may be required to add fire escape for second means of egress and you may also have to increase window size. A lot will also have to do with access to run pipes etc which may vary. (are the vent stacks sized sufficiently to accomodate another half or full bath? ) I found it easier to add a subpanel in attic than to run new lines for new circuits. It may also be easier to add another heater and water heater (I would go tankless high efficiency) May also want to speak with local architects and contractors.
Kenneth Ken Verbeyst CRS GRI ABR SRES GREEN
Broker Associate
Licensed PA&NJ