How can I get a loan to fix up an old house (1865) that was gifted to me? Banks consider it "no value," yet assess it at $130,000

Asked by Lee Chase, Wells, ME Tue Jun 26, 2012

appraisal. I've been told to "fix up" the house first, then they will approve me for the loan... however, I need a loan before I can fix it up... Ugh! This is my (and my 4 kids) primary home. There is no mortgage on it, nor has there ever been. Its been 2 months that I've been playing the bank's games with no success. Winter is fast approaching here in Maine... I need to get the home ready for winter.

Answers

2
Jeffrey Camp…, Other Pro, Pittston, ME
Tue Jun 26, 2012
sounds like a candidate for HUD or Rural Development Loan.

I recently read an article where Maine has some special loan programs out there right now for low interest loans.

Email me and I will see if I can send you some info on a lender that might be able to help.

Or maybe a lender will step up on here and offer some thoughts!
Certified Am…, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Sat Apr 6, 2013
be careful there.nobody can help you here or even suggest how you can get financial help.any answer of a loan lender to your question,you MUST ignore,because they are SCAMS…real SCAMS…i was a victim of which i was ripped thousands of dollars….Well thank God for a Christan Loan Officer,I was referred to by my cousin,who is by name,Mr.Smith Jackson Of SMITH LOAN INVESTMENT.They made my life a valuable one,and gave it a meaning.I was approved loan of $31000.00 USD AND IN 48 HOURS after meeting up to their necessary requirements,my loan was deposited in my bank account.Though I was very nervous with the loan firm at the first place due to my previous bad experiences,especially when the issue of me settling the transfer charges came up,I hold on to my faith due to the fact that my relative referred me,got it cleared,and as God should have it.little did I know that my financial shortcomings has come to a final HALT .If not for that quick referal from a relative of that genuine source ,I would have regretted my total life,because at that point in time I just divorced the father of my son,and my son (Kenet) was faced with a ” between life and death ” situation ..I was faced with his hospital bills and was also faced with forclosure at my apartment.Details of the GOD SENT and RELEIVING source won’t be disclosed to you for now, for fear of impersonation ( because it has being discovered that some persons are not really in need of financial help,but are there to impersonate real loan lenders through their phone numbers and email accounts,and acting to be them where necessary to those in real need)…I couldn’t comment on your post because it was a public place and I fear you would fall into the hand of all these fraudulent loan officers (even in US) like how they ripped me off.You must be able to convince me real hard,and provide good proofs,before I can give you the full details of this legitimate loan officer..Their charge is very affordable and reliable compare to many out there,their interest rates just 3%,little documentation,and little credit check(irrespective of your credit score,but you MUST have a good and liable income source) Feel free to email him at his via Email: smithloaninvestment_lender03@yahoo.com ” and you will be free from scams