Higher End Home Design-Builder for Madrona

Asked by Chris, Madrona, Seattle, WA Wed Aug 27, 2008

I am considering tearing down my place and building a new home in the Madrona neighborhood. Anyone out there have recommendations on high end home builders? I would like to talk to a few. Looking for some comparable to JAS Design-Build in Wallingford. thanks.

Answers

5
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Wonder how that turned out.

JAS is an excellent company, btw.
deansandra, , Seattle, WA
Wed Dec 30, 2009
Premier Builders
Let me know if you want their contact info.
I agree with the other agent, though. You may be better off buying. There are phenomenal deals right now. Why not save yourself the headache and maybe some $?
Karen Mcknig…, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Sun Aug 31, 2008
Madrona is an excellent neighborhood in which to build a new home. You may want to consider doing an extensive remodel, because, just by leaving the foundation, you can save time in the permitting process. If the house has great bones, you can use quite a bit of the existing structure and save money. I would highly recommend Lakeville Homes. They have won the award for number one remodeler / renovator in the Seattle area two years in a row. They have also won MAME awards, which are awards in the construction industry. Lakevill can also be your consultant and tell you the most effective way to proceed based on cost and potential design. If you decide to call them, pleas contact me and i'd be happy to give you their contact information.
Barbara Mcma…, , Seattle, WA
Thu Aug 28, 2008
I would absolutely recommend City Builders-contact Gordon Gregg at 206-779-7702. If you look in Seattle Mag, etc. They always are recommended as one of the premier builders. I have sold some of his homes before - they are beautiful with quality construction.

Best of luck!

Barbara McMahon
Associate Broker
John L. Scott
Steve McDona…, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Aug 27, 2008
Chris,
Just want to share a different perspective. When you buy especially in the current market you often get features at a discount in existing homes than if you pay to have it built. Building materials and such are caught up in the inflation of commodities while existing home prices are down. It may be worth exploring homes on the market in Madrona that may be close to what you want or at least leave you with a smaller project. I can appreciate your personal desire to create but it doesn't come without frustration.