Houseproject, Home Owner in San Jose, CA

Hi, I am looking for a structural eng in San jose that can help our drafter with struct calculations for house renovation (garage addition) permits.

Asked by Houseproject, San Jose, CA Mon May 16, 2011

The plans are done but our drafters is not so sure about the structural calculations and we need someone in that area to help review the plans. Thanks for your recomendations!!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
How many structural engineers do you need?
0 votes
Ablefly, Home Owner, Sunnyvale, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Contact: W.H. Yang, Structural Engineer, by phone: 408.329.8787 or email:
0 votes
Holly Hartman, , San Jose, CA
Fri Jul 29, 2011
Yikes, HouseProject! Your 'drafter is not so sure about the structural calculations'?!?!? They shouldn't be, they are not licensed for it.

The structural engineer won't be reviewing the plans, he'll be providing calculations and plans to build the structure! And you can't get a permit without having the engineer stamp and sign the plans. Architects in the State of California are also Structural Engineers so they can stamp and sign, too.

Best of luck to you...
0 votes
The Medford…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon May 16, 2011
Dave Helmich
Structural Engineer
D/PM, Inc.
12645 Brookpark Road
Oakland, CA 94619
(510) 482-9649

Geoff Clifford
Structural Engineer
Bunton Clifford & Associates Inc.
1300 Industrial Road, Suite 1
San Carlos, CA 94070
(650) 508-2500 ext 25
0 votes
Grace Morioka, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon May 16, 2011
Hi Houseproject:

Try Alfred Rafuson, Jr., P. E. He's a civil engineer who can do the structural calculations the city requires. He's really really good at his job, and worth every penny of his time and talent. His offices are located in Willow Glen and you can reach him by phone at (408) 280-7227. Tell him I sent you!!

Grace Morioka
Area Pro Realty-PC
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more