Hello All, Would some of you realtors comment on the

Asked by Jennifer Lawrence, 94110 Wed Jun 16, 2010

way to reach out to realtors? I have been calling their offices and sending them emails if office manager expresses interest. Planning to send brochures as a follow up. We have a great company, custom cabinets at reasonable prices and our own fabrication and granite/quartz yard. Also Diamond Certified rating of 96% and a BBB rating of 95%.
Thanks!
Jennifer Lawrence
Marketing/Sales
Romarts Cabinets & Countertops
1959 West 140th Avenue
San Leandro, CA 94577
http://www.romartskitchens.com

Answers

6
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Thu Jun 17, 2010
It seems that everyone with a product or a service wants to get the ear of as many real estate agents as possible to promote their company. Cable companies, stagers, interior designers, mortgage brokers, inspectors, appraisers, restaurants, furniture companies, roofers, and the list goes on and on and on..........

Our recommendation is quite simple. Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing plan that print, internet, and various other promotions. An email to an agent may accomplish more than attending an office meeting and boreing everyone to death.
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Wed Jun 16, 2010
We don't care, because our clients aren't taking cabinet referrals from us, and our office manager doesn't care, because either the owner or Corporate is besieged with brochures.

Better to market to remodeling contractors.

Barbara Wils…, Agent, Danville, CA
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Try " http://;www.flyerdeliveryonline.com. They will take your flyer and put it in the mail box of each agent in which ever areas you are interested in. Also, you can try to talk with the manager and see if they have office meetings. For the price of a couple dozen doughnuts or bagels, you can make a presentation to the office.
Troystaten, Agent, Alameda, CA
Wed Jun 16, 2010
You might try stopping by their open houses, if the agent is not busy they might be glad to talk to you. If it is a busy open house wait until it is slow and then talk to them, if they are busy an agent does not want to miss out talking to a buyer. Also stop by the brokers office in person and drop off flyers. Some brokers will let you speek at there office meetings especially if you bring dounuts. Your facing a tough market right now and are competing for scarce remodel dollars. Be sure to talk to kitchen designers and architects.

Troy
Web Reference:  http://www.troystaten.com
John Souerbry, Agent, Fairfield, CA
Wed Jun 16, 2010
Realtors aren't your primary market in my humble opinion. As a fella who does a lot of property managment, I would say that is your primary market. I manage 100+ units in Alameda/San Mateo/Santa Clara/Santa Cruz Counties, send me your info. We turn over or upgrade 3 to 5 units per month.
On the other hand, my father had a business in Illinois in the 1960's that did post-purchase upgrades and made a ton of money. He sold it and bought a $5M home in Florida in 1978. Hubba hubba.
Steve Roake, Agent, Naperville, IL
Wed Jun 16, 2010
I'm not sure realtors would be your best use of marketing dollars and efforts. In my area, Idon't see a lot of clients doing major updates after buying a home because typically all of their extra $ has gone to down payment and closing costs. If you want to do it anyway, brochures left at the office would be the best bet. You just need agents to be aware of your services. Anything more than that might be bothersome. You might be better off tracking down rehabbers.