Does anyone have any experience with the MR. Slim or LG art cool ductless AC units?

Asked by Elianne Amstalden, Baltimore, MD Sun Feb 15, 2009

I have been able to find only one negative review on the LG art cool, very loud. Anyone have personal experience?

Answers

3
Ronnie, Home Buyer, Baltimore, MD
Mon Apr 8, 2013
Very difficutl time finding someone to repair. Everyone one the list given to me by LG. did not repair. I ended up buying a Mr. Slim and have been very happy with that porduct.
Ronnie, Home Buyer, Baltimore, MD
Mon Mar 28, 2011
please be sure you can find someone to repair the LG art cool . I have had difficulty and still have not had the unit repaired. The company gave me a list of repair companies, but some were no longer in business and others said they did not repair this particular unit. It is noisy.
Sj209, Both Buyer And Seller, California
Wed Feb 18, 2009
Yes, Mr. Slims work great and they are fairly inexpensive. They have been on the market for a long time and have a proven track record. These units save money in terms of operating costs versus a conventional forced air unit with air ducts. The units have variable fan speeds so there is no reason the indoor unit will make excessive noise if you clean the filter regularly and install/maintain the unit properly. The outdoor units can make a bit of noise but most a/c's make plenty of noise, especially the compressor. I have not used the LG art cool, can't help you there. As you probably know, these units normally require professional installation. When installing consider placing the outdoor condenser in a shaded area or providing shade for the unit. You will be glad you took the extra time to plan for shade because it will make save you money and provide better comfort.