Do I need a designer if I am hiring an architect?

Asked by Heidi White, San Francisco, CA Tue Jan 21, 2014

Hi, I have decided to hire an architect for a 2 bedroom 2 bath addition. The architect does have some designing experience. My question is: do I need to hire a separate designer to help with the fixtures etc...?

Answers

4
Caleb Hart, Renter, Orem, UT
Fri Jan 16, 2015
It depends on how much of the remodel you want to do. Are you doing a whole addition or are you doing a kitchen? There's a lot of different materials that can be used.Some are really expensive. http://genuinehomebuilders.net/custom-remodels/
Noah Seidenb…, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed Jan 14, 2015
No you can make the decisions yourself or since the architect has designing experience see if the can help you. If money is no object then hire the designer but it may be overkill.
Keith Boswor…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Wed Jan 29, 2014
It depends on why you are renovating. If you plan on staying in the home then I am sure the architect can help you or refer you to someone who can.
, ,
Tue Jan 21, 2014
Some architects enjoy aesthetic design and will not mind taking on coordinating that part of the construction process on your behalf