Could anyone recommend a GOOD, RELIABLE, and COMPETENT contractor with > 10 years experience in rehabbing?

Asked by Stacie, Chicago, IL Fri Jan 4, 2008

Answers

10
Capone, , Chicago, IL
Sat Feb 9, 2008
Please answer this question for me. Why would someone give thumbs down to 3 people here that offered help to this person. The author ASKED for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Greg Zaccagni, , Illinois
Sat Feb 9, 2008
I have someone in the western burbs of Chicago for you. Depending on how far and how big a project he may be motivated to quote. Please contact me if your are still looking.

Greg Z
Jeffrey Kropp, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Feb 9, 2008
I would join Angie's List and review all the independant ratings. You know you are getting the best and that they will do a fine job when you remind them you found them on the List. I think its $20 to join and you can find anybody you need for any project quickly. Everyone "knows" someone but I have found mixed results with this approach.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Jan 26, 2008
Check out the http://www.linkedin.com site. It is a networking site for professionals that allows peers to rate them. Yes, a pretty unique idea that not too many people are aware of. It might help....

The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar & Associates
100 W. Venice Ave.
Venice , FL 34285
941-408-5363
Kenny, , Illinois
Sat Jan 26, 2008
My partner and I have been in the kitchen and bath industry for a combined 36 years. If you can help fill any of your remodeling needs let me know. We are not the HVAC/Plumber/Electrician guys, we are kitchen and bath, cabinets and countertops.
Cathi Weaver, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Jan 10, 2008
Hi Stacie,

I can recommend several.

Cathi
Web Reference:  http://www.cathiweaver.com
Christine, Both Buyer And Seller, Chicago, IL
Wed Apr 22, 2009
Absolutely. ABM Remodeling LLC, located at 2336 Hickory Str,Des Plaines IL,60018ABM Remodeling LLC, located at 2336 Hickory Str,Des Plaines IL,60018, 773-818-5639, ask for Alex Toshev. They were recommended to us (we live in the city) and we used them to remodel a bath and they did a wonderful job at a reasonable price, and showed up on time and cleaned up after themselves so well each day. They were a pleasure to have in our home under difficult circumstances (critical bath out of commission). I recommended them to a neighbor who had them paint their entire condo and was really pleased. Now another condo neighbor is engaging them to do a total reconfiguration of their largest bath too, again at reasonable price, starting in May. We are using them again to repaint all windows in our home (we just got new windows installed). One principal has real aesthetic - he builds furniture too, and the other principal is a former physics teacher and he is very focused on the structural engineering aspects. Great team. Really responsible, really honest, and great personalities.
Ekerry.com, , Wheaton-Glen Ellyn
Sat Mar 29, 2008
Kevin Kosiek with Artis Builders 630-330-3434. His wife works with me in real estate.
The Michael…, Agent, Gurnee, IL
Fri Mar 7, 2008
Yes. As well as being in the real estate business for over 20 years, i have been rehabbing houses for longer than that. I have a guy i use all the time, and he does great work. If you would like to see some of his work, i can send you pictures of my house, and some previous ones if you would like to email me. His name is John Schuerr, and his business number is (847) 497-3745. Let me know if you would like those pictures, or any thing else!
Web Reference:  http://www.lescher.com
Patti Pereyra, , Chicago, IL
Fri Jan 4, 2008
Yes, I can!

Email me and I'll give you the info.

ppereyra@kw.com or click on my profile.