Are there professionals that help improve the curb appeal of a house?

Asked by Lggal, 95008 Sun Nov 27, 2011

I have a home with old / drab / exterior. But there are many different aspects outside, and I am a new homeowner, so I'm not sure if landscaping companies cover everything. This would include landscaping (currently junipers), home exterior (painting, trims), driveways, fencing .. etc. Are there one-stop-shop companies that can give me estimates to cover everything? Any recommendations to get this done at reasonably low cost?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Andrea Wince ~ Lic. 01439761’s answer
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Thu Feb 9, 2012
I would use a licensed contractor that is a licensed (C-27, General B and C-8), bonded and insured company. This may provide the security that all work done is licensed. Because they are a general contractor, they can handle the whole project, saving the client the time of hiring several contractors for different aspects of the job. Pouring concrete, building bbq’s and pergolas is not something a landscaping only (c-27) is licensed to do by themselves. Get bids from a couple of contractors that specialize in outdoor work. Before signing any paperwork, I would check their license status with the State of California and verify their worker's comp insurance is paid up as well. You can go to this link:…
I just came across your question today and see that it was posted back in November. Hopefully my info from today may still be of value to you.
0 votes
Ruth and Per…, Agent, Los Gatos, CA
Mon Nov 28, 2011
Hi Lggal

There are excellent Handymen that we know of who can do what you are asking for
and also excellent landscapers.

I will give you one below:
Bay Area REO Construction, CALL 408-280-0200 or EMAIL for a FREE estimate.

For others do drop me a line.

Hope this helps.
Good luck
0 votes
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sun Nov 27, 2011
This sounds like a service that a good Property Management company could offer;
they would have the professionals on-call and could put it all together.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Nov 27, 2011
Consider checking with any local Chamber of Commerce for recommendations...
0 votes
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sun Nov 27, 2011
It depends on if you know what you want or if you want someone to design it for you. I have a great handy man that paints, does landscaping and some repairs. He may or may not be insured or licensed yet his prices are great. You would need to tell him what you want.

If you need a designer that is going to cost you more and if they have insurance and license it will be more yet less risk to you.
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more