Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Red Lion : Real Estate Advice

  • All21
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying5
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 19
Fiji, Home Buyer in Laurel, MD
Sun Apr 3, 2016
Fiji asked:
Ian Montgome…, Home Buyer in Washington, DC
Sat Dec 12, 2015
Ian Montgomery answered:
I'm pretty sure you would be responsible for the bill. What's the concern? It's water. If you're not living there it shouldn't be used. If you are living there, every house in the borough has to have running tap water unless the consumer becomes delinquent on payment. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Daney Carras…, Real Estate Pro in Dover Township, PA
Wed Jun 3, 2015
Daney Carrasquillo answered:
Depends on the homeowner, which finance options they are willing to accept. We currently have one listed in Hanover that homeowner is willing to rent for 3-6 months or even a year before purchasing. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Michael Whee…, Real Estate Pro in York, PA
Wed Mar 19, 2014
Michael Wheeler answered:
Yes, you will find many times local banks are able to provide loans for unusual circumstances as the one you mentioned.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
tiggerslilyrn, Renter in 17364
Mon Feb 24, 2014
tiggerslilyrn asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Alan Openshaw, Real Estate Pro in Southampton, PA
Mon Dec 16, 2013
Alan Openshaw answered:
Hello jbripton ,
If the septic is in working order, I think you will be fine. I will be happy to check with my lenders tomorrow. Does the septic have issues that require repair?
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Judy Henry, Real Estate Pro in York, PA
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Judy Henry answered:
You would have to disclose the fact that your home needs a new septic system and that the well is too close - so in saying that most likely you would have to sell your home at a discounted price. The bank will not give anyone a loan with a septic that is not working and you could not sell your home FHA with the septic and well being too close to one another. Someone paying cash could buy it but as I stated it would have to be a price way below market value. Is there any way you could install a new septic with it being correct distance away from the well? ... more
0 votes 11 answers Share Flag
Judy Henry, Real Estate Pro in York, PA
Thu May 17, 2012
Judy Henry answered:
The HOA docs are enforceable - I don't know of a state law. If you still question the fact about renting I would advise you to contact a attorney.

Judy Henry
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
nrpb815, Home Buyer in Red Lion, PA
Fri May 11, 2012
nrpb815 asked:
Judy Henry, Real Estate Pro in York, PA
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Judy Henry answered:
Both homes are expired however, I would be happy to help you find another home please contact me 717-578-7675.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Judy Henry, Real Estate Pro in York, PA
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Judy Henry answered:
Amy Kuschka,  in Jacksonville Beach, FL
Sun Mar 18, 2012
Amy Kuschka answered:
In the end... what does the contract say? If necessary, contact a real estate attorney to review and advise you!
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Rob Weber, Real Estate Pro in Plainfield, IL
Mon Mar 5, 2012
Rob Weber answered:
I had the same questions as John on this.

As for the USDA vs FHA scenario, while the USDA has lower monthly insurance costs, the qualifying ratio for a USDA loan is much lower than a FHA loan (when compared to automated approvals). USDA wants to see your housing obligation no higher than 31% of your gross income, which on $5600/mo, would be $1,736/mo, you clearly wouldn't qualify in this scenario for the USDA loan.

FHA on the other hand wants to see the same ratios (the general guideline or manual underwrite) but the automated underwriting engine is MUCH more lenient on it's automated approvals. I've had clients be approved with as high as a 55% debt ratio (mortgage, insurance, taxes plus other monthly debts that report on their credit report) which would be $3,088/mo.

Since we don't know what your credit score is or what your reserves look like (cash reserves greatly influence automated underwriting's ability to approve higher ratio loans), it's impossible to give a yes/no answer without putting it through the automated underwriting system.

Feel free to call me if you'd like to run it through or direct your lender to do this for you as they should be able to tell you this without much trouble.
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Voices Member,  in Austin, TX
Fri Jul 1, 2011
Voices Member answered:
You definitely have the option of filing a complaint about your agent with both the local Board of Realtors, and with the state agency which regulates agents. If your agent did not tell you, upfront, that the listing agent was his father, then that's something else you should be able to add to your complaint (In my state, at least, that has to be disclosed). You can speak to an attorney, but this sounds more like an ethical problem than a criminal problem. ... more
0 votes 12 answers Share Flag
Bill Eckler, Real Estate Pro in Venice, FL
Sun Jan 16, 2011
Bill Eckler answered:

It's always best to have the support of a professional. Testing the foreclosure market without an personal agent or through the bank's listing agent can be risky business. You should identify and work through your own agent that will look out for YOUR best interests. They will also be able to provide you with specific information about the home, the area, and guide you through the purchase process.

Good luck,

... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Dayne &…, Other/Just Looking in York, PA
Fri Oct 30, 2009
Dayne & Sharon Riddle answered:
I'd like to recommend Craig Wolf of Wolf Excavating. His # is 717-432-5975. He runs a full service company and covers a large area. It sounds like you're getting ready to build. As a lifetime resident of York county and full time REALTOR I have many contacts and can assist you with any issues that may arise in the field of real estate. Please don't hesitate to contact me. Dayne ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Guy Peters, Real Estate Pro in York, PA
Wed Oct 15, 2008
Guy Peters answered:
Hi Jim,
There were 9 properties that settled in that zip code on June 29, 2007. Contact me and I will email you a link to view the listings.
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Gina Baum, Real Estate Pro in Shrewsbury, PA
Fri Sep 19, 2008
Gina Baum answered:
I did a search on CDG Homes and I finally got a number for you. I called (717) 840-4700 and spoke to Julie at Buttonwood Gardens Cornerstone Development Group. She said that CDG Homes is now Statewide Management and the number is (717) 848-1122. Hope that helps. ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Shelley Kefa…,  in York, PA
Wed Apr 30, 2008
Shelley Kefauver answered:

This home has expired. If you would like more information and would like me to contact the owner please let me know. I can also send you an email of the listing abd any others in that general area. My husband and I have worked with many mobile home buyers and sellers.

Shelley Kefauver
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Search Advice
Red Lion Zip Codes