Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Red Hook : Real Estate Advice

  • All13
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying7
  • Home Selling1
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 12
Sat Oct 28, 2017
Alan May answered:
If that's the arrangement you made with him, it's difficult to change it now. You may want to consult with a real estate attorney if things get tough.

Personally, unless you have a written "purchase agreement" it would seem that him paying you monthly for two years sounds like "rent". Since you still have the title, you could threaten to evict him. But I am not an attorney, so this should not be considered legal advice. ... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Oct 2, 2017
Lebron0921 answered:
can a person having a mortgage payment on a property , sell it to someone and whole that mortgage /
0 votes 21 answers Share Flag
Tue May 10, 2016
Realetatesteve30 answered:
I have a couple places in red hook, What is your budget. Feel free to call me at 347 946 2105 Steve
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Thu Aug 13, 2015
Insure answered:
no problem if the house is brick construction.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Danny Soldano answered:
There are major things happening in Red Hook. A major developer bought and developed a 70 unit condo building on Imlay Street. Call me if you;d like to discuss everything I know about whats up and coming in Red Hook. I have an office near Fairway. 347-489-3315 ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Thu Mar 19, 2015
Danny Soldano answered:
There are restrictions and regulations on building new construction homes in Red Hook flood zones. Since Sandy there has been a more active involvement from our governing agencies to ensure the least amount of damage in flood zone areas. ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sat Feb 8, 2014
Jeannette Batsikas answered:
With a rent to own it doesn't mean anything to the bank, or the court houses... You're really renting and until the house is officially your's then you have rights but right now your just a tenant... Jeannette Batsikas ... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Tue Dec 10, 2013
Madeline Padovano answered:
Hi JS- if you scroll down to the bottom and hit the school tab - PS 15 is listed but it seems this
website as Pave Academy ??
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 27, 2013
Michael Castro answered:
Hello Sully,

I'm a broker and Bay Ridge resident. I may have something that you might be interested in. I can be reached at 347-500-7763.

Happy hunting!

Michael Castro
Licensed Real Estate Broker
Rapid Realty NYC Gravesend / Dyker Heights

1810 West 6th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11223

1274 78th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11228

... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Wed Jul 31, 2013
Ron Thomas answered:
Sat May 4, 2013
Mitchell Feldman answered:
Dear tracydietrich:

You need to hire an attorney to review the paperwork and make sure it is legit.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice