Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Ragley : Real Estate Advice

  • All4
  • Local Info0
  • Home Buying3
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions1

Activity 4
Sat Dec 14, 2013
Stacy Farquhar Woodard asked:
This question was asked from
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 16, 2011
Morgan Campbell answered:
Renting to own is formally known as a "land contract". The owner of the property would finance your purchase. Typically you would make a down payment and then pay monthly payments to the property owner. You would be responsible for paying property taxes as well. The property would remain in the name of the owner until you paid off the property. If you defaulted on the payments, the property would revert back to the possession of the owner. The best way to find an owner willing to finance the purchase of their property is to contact a local real estate professional and tell them what type of financing you want. Then they can help you secure a property and an owner willing to finance the purchase for you. You would most likely end up in an older property because most property owners are not willing to finance the sale of properties that have a large loan balance. That would make the owner responsible for their original loan, making sure you paid them on time plus the cost of their new residence. I hope this helps! ... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Search Advice