Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Home Buying in Queens Village : Real Estate Advice

  • All27
  • Local Info4
  • Home Buying11
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions3

Activity 9
Sun Jan 22, 2017
regina answered:
hi i want to know if the house is for rent at 11120 208th street
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Thu Jan 8, 2015
Mark Lee answered:
Anyone can find out the home owner's name including outstanding mortgage, tax status, ownership history even lien and foreclosure information by property report. You can get an online report within few minutes on website such as

All you need is the home address to start a search. If the report is available, you only pay a small fee to download.
... more
3 votes 9 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2014
JamieUSR answered:
To ensure a legal change to the property title, get a real estate attorney.They will prepare and file the real estate transfer deed. Be prepared to provide basic information about both the property in question and the individuals who need to be listed on the title.

If you can't hire a lawyer, you just have to obtain a certified copy of the existing deed from the county clerk or recorder's office and review the following information contained therein: names of owners, legal description, address, and tax assessment number. Then, fill-in-the-blanks deed forms are usually available from online sources, a local office supply store or the county clerk's office.

In the document, the person transferring interest in the property is the grantor; the person receiving the interest is the grantee. Prepare the form by filling in the appropriate information, but don't sign it yet.

Lastly, go to the county recorder's office with the unsigned document and the identification documents of the parties involved in the change or transfer.
... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Martina Ryan answered:
This sounds ok. Anything less is generally frowned upon.
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Martina Ryan answered:
Wed Nov 12, 2014
Martina Ryan answered:
Mon Dec 28, 2009
Anna M Brocco answered:
Acttually, you shauld have already started--If haven't done so yet--visit with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see exactly what your budget can handle, check your credit score and ask for a mortgage pre-qualification/approval letter. Keep in mind that with co-ops, just because you qualify for a mortgage, does not necessarily mean you'll qualify Board(s) requirements.

... more
0 votes 6 answers Share Flag
Search Advice