Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

Remodel & Renovate in Queens : Real Estate Advice

  • All2K
  • Local Info64
  • Home Buying572
  • Home Selling53
  • Market Conditions26

Activity 9
Tue Apr 21, 2015
Marco Gomez & The Reach Team answered:
Hi Suzanne,

I would recommend Jerry Gucciardo of Atlantic Shores contractors 516-852-5552. I've recommended him to many clients and they have always been extremely pleased with his courteousness and his work.




Marco Gomez | Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker


2015 LIBOR Director | 2015 President for the WQC Chapter of LIBOR
Keller Williams Landmark II

| Assistant: (917) 633-5939
| Toll Free: 888-881-2786 Ext 7
| Fax: (877) 817-9101
| Mobile: (917) 734-2012
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Mon Apr 6, 2015
Caleb Hart answered:
I feel like it's not as simple as it seems. I imagine that there are building codes or zoning issues that you're going to have to deal with. Also, you're going to want to talk to your neighbor about the whole thing before you get started. Talk to a company about it as well and get some quotes and advice. ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Fri Apr 3, 2015
Paige Smith answered:
I definitely know what it is like to update the original plumbing of your home. I recently had to update my bathroom. The plumbing was just too run down and not working anymore. It is important to find a licensed plumber like you had suggested. I would recommend you do your research before you hire one. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 3, 2013
khalidmahdi1 answered:
Depending on the cost of the area, the materials, i.e. fixtures could vary....if you keep it moderate, you could spend up $7,500.00 for each , remembering the all tis has to tie into sewer that serves your building or residence....get some Government Approval is also ...i.e. The City or wherever you live. ... more
0 votes 7 answers Share Flag
Sat May 4, 2013
Ruth and Perry Mistry answered:
Hi Robin

Your contractor is likely going to go with above ground sewer line that will be connected to your existing sewer line.

It will be invasive to break slab.

Talk to a General Contractor.


... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Fri Oct 5, 2012
Lingtm777 asked:
We are in contract for a house in zip code 11365. Currently a one story ranch, we are expanding to 2 story 1 family home. Anyone has a good architect recommendation? Also, do we need to…
0 votes 0 Answers Share Flag
Sat Jul 21, 2012
Mike Sullivan answered:
With rearrangement of both plumbing and electrical, you would need a permit....but best to check with your building and codes enforcement of the city......a state licensed contractor should know the answer, but checking with the city would certainly build your confidence level in the contractor! ... more
0 votes 8 answers Share Flag
Tue May 3, 2011
Therese L Korahais answered:
Hi Casey, There are so many variables- do check with an architect that really knows his business-I know a few. like Jonathan said may be better to rebuild on the the original structure as modification-the same restrictions do not apply since the building is already erected-you would need to keep the original foundation (could enlarge) and 1 original wall -will keep your taxes lower and if you are within 60 feet of a corner- the 30 feet can be waived....many many variables. Terry K 718-614-3167 cell or email me ... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Fri Dec 19, 2008
Manu Kapoor answered:
Any 3 family building could be rented to tenents with govt programes. Yes a fixer upper building could be re-done & get inspected with the city, to be rented to govt-approved programe tenents.
(let me know as i could get tenents with approved programes & the owner gets 4 months rent in advance)
... more
0 votes 1 answer Share Flag
Search Advice