Trulia Community - Advice from neighbors and local experts

Find Your Community
We couldn't find that location. Please try again.
Get Expert Advice

85243 : Real Estate Advice

  • All14
  • Local Info1
  • Home Buying6
  • Home Selling0
  • Market Conditions0

Activity 9
Fri Mar 6, 2015
Jan Pickering answered:
As the chap from Modesto around, get quotes....personal referrals are always best.
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Tue Aug 23, 2011
EB answered:
Hi Jones,

If you're paying a professional it should cost you around $1 per square foot (of floor space) for the walls only. Add another $100 - $200 for trim and you're looking at around $800. If you need the names of some reputable local painters, let me know, I have 2 or 3 I regularly recommend to my clients.

Emma Beyer
RE/MAX Casa Grande Yost Realty
... more
0 votes 4 answers Share Flag
Mon Feb 8, 2010
Sonda Hilario, CDPE, CNE answered:
You do have rights as a Tenant. Thanks to new laws in place to protect tenant rights in the event the home goes to foreclosure. Check this out the attached website for the information at the Arizona Attorney General's Office. If you want information regarding Cash for Keys don't hesitate to contact me.

You can go to and look up the information manually or have a REALTOR assist you with it as well.

I Hope that helps.

Sonda Hilario
REALTOR, CNE, e-PRO, Certified Distressed Property Expert!
RE/MAX Infinity
Chandler, AZ 85286
Direct: 480-289-5982
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Feb 4, 2010
Ron Rovtar answered:
Hi Grace:

What happens after you walk away from the house depends on the mortgage company.

As Anna says below, this would be a good time to talk to an attorney. In fact, you probably should be taking to several people, including a lawyer, the mortgage company itself, an organization that offers foreclosure counseling in your part of Arizona, and a real estate professional. If you handle your situation poorly, it can haunt you for a long time. See the CNN/Money article link in the "Web Reference" section below.

Talk to the bank because banks occasionally will let you turn in the keys and walk. The lender probably also has some kind of loan modification program. Though these programs usually involve a lot of jumping through hoops, they can be worth the effort if they help you stay in your home with affordable payments.

Organizations that provide foreclosure counseling can give you a good idea about all your options. City and county governments often have recommendations about good local counseling organizations. However, stay away from individuals and companies that promise the world. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

A real estate agent can help you with information about short sales –– a way to sell your house for less than the bank is owed. Sometimes this is a better way to go.

This is a good time to educate yourself before you make a move that could haunt you for a long time. There usually are good options, but you have to find the best one for you.

Ron Rovtar
Prudential Real Estate of the Rockies
Boulder, CO
... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Nov 9, 2009
Jeffrey Masich answered:
Dear Buyer:

Hi. Good question. The bankruptcy will be on the individuals record for 7 years. Lenders will not want to lend in this situation.

There are options however.

1. Lease with an option to buy
2. Have a family member purchase a home and you pay the family member.
3. Co-signing with a family member
4. Buy cash
5. Find a seller that will put up the financing. Often if a good down payment is available, this can be done
6. Buy some land for cash, and build a own over time after the person moves a trailer or manufactured home onto a rural piece of land until th individual's situation changes. This is a good time to buy.

If you know of anyone in this situation, feel free to contact me to discuss further. Would be pleased to help.

Jeff Masich, Realtor®
Arizona Homes and Land
HomeSmart Real Estate
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Sun Oct 11, 2009
Mr.P answered:
One last thing your zip has you in Allen Texas, and you are posting a question to AZ Realtors( or people who think they are Realtors) Just double checking that you are in the right State. <---state of mind doesn`t count.

... more
0 votes 2 answers Share Flag
Mon Jul 27, 2009
Troy Erickson answered:

Here are some additional sites with more information about Queen Creek.

Town of Queen Creek Site:

Golf Courses:



I live near Queen Creek, and worked there for several years. The area is young and growing rapidly. It is a great community. Hope this information helps.
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Wed Jul 1, 2009
Joan Howard answered:
Hi Veronica,

Appraisal fees range from $325-$450. Usually paid up front, but may be paid at closing.

Pest inspection fees range from $55-$75, usually paid at the time of service.
A Home inspection can range from $225-$375, depending on who you hire. A home inspector will provide a report of about 35 pages which includes descriptions with photos and recommendations of what is found to be a potential issue in the home.

East Valley and
Gold Canyon
(480) 518.6406
(480) 471.8921 (Fax)
... more
0 votes 3 answers Share Flag
Thu Jan 1, 2009
David - Appraiser answered:
Veronica -

It depends on what TYPE of market analysis you are looking for, or to do, and WHAT it is to be used for. It also depends on IF you have access to the relative information data needed to complete the type of market analysis you are seeking. If you are planning on doing a market analysis for a FEE, then no, you have to be licensed as an agent/broker, lender/broker, attorney, or an appraiser in Arizona.

There are sources for data and information that do not require a subscription. Such as public records (County Records), and various other websites that mostly provide limited, incomplete, excessive, and/or incorrect data that you have to filter yourself.

Your best source is an Appraiser for a consulting assignment, which cost less than a full appraisal and far less than agents commissions. Plus an appraiser will tell you what you need to know, not just what they think you want to hear, or talk you into signing an agent contract.

If you would like to contact me directly with what type of market analysis you are looking for, I could point you in the right direction.
... more
0 votes 5 answers Share Flag
Search Advice