what are the best neighboorhoods in or around orlando fla. for schools and family life.

Asked by Lisa Tenaglia, NORTHRIDGEVILLE OHIO Sun Feb 24, 2008

My husband may be transfered to orlando fla. I need some help as far as neighboorhoods and schools. We would like to keep our child in private schools and are looking for a very family orientated community to rent or buy. Any suggestions would be helpful since we are not failiar with Orlando or it"s surrounding communities

Answers

1
Kathleen, , Detroit, MI
Fri Feb 29, 2008
I do not live in Orlando, but my family is moving there in the summer of '09 and I have asked the same question. The information I have received over and over is Altamonte Springs, Brevard County schools (K-12) or Kissimmee ...and if I have to live in the city of Orlando make sure they go to Palm Lake, Sand Lake, Sunrise or West Creek Elementary, or the schools assigned to them for the older grades. The average 3 bedroom home in a good area is selling for around $300,000 in all these areas, and rent for the same is about $850 a month for a 3 br house, $775 for a 3br apartment. Hope that helps, it's helped me.