unit owner of record find at sheffield court condos on rt 20 in marlboro, ma.

Asked by John, marlboro, ma Sun Oct 14, 2007

i have a financial intrest at sheffield ct. condos and i want to change the management company but i cant get the board to budge on the issue. any suggestions, i am thinking of contacting all unit owners and circumventing the board and conducting my own survey to start implimenting change. is this legal?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


FBI, Home Owner, Marlborough, MA
Mon Nov 24, 2014
John, Are still interest on those changes?
0 votes
Dick Rastani, Agent, Marlborough, MA
Fri Nov 22, 2013
There are probably good reasons why the condo trustees do not want to change management companies. I would suggest you talk to the trustees to learn why they feel as they do. If the trustees have been in place for a while, they probably have been through a few different managemant company changes. Trustees usually do not make these changes quickly or without a lot of thought. Management contracts usually extend for several years with severe penalties for early termination. As a trustee, you are constantly trying to get as much service from the management company for as low as cost as you can. Unit owners always want increased services, but are unwilling to pay for the added cost in increases in their monthly condo fees.
0 votes
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Tue Oct 5, 2010
you would need a majority vote. It sounds like a tough battle.
0 votes
Happy2help, , Marlborough, MA
Thu Sep 30, 2010
do not fight Jud Goodnow unless you have a lot of money, and the board namely Mr Dogherty are in it together.

You will have a huge and very expensive battle ahead of you. If your not loaded you CAN'T WIN.
0 votes
How do you know that? Is Mr.Dogherty have business with Jud Goodnow?
Flag Mon Nov 24, 2014
Jeffrey Chal…, , Arlington, MA
Wed Oct 17, 2007
As a unit owner, there are many things you can do, but I always recommend paying strict attention to your condo's bylaws. First, take a passive approach to resolving your issue with informal meetings from your neighbors, then take a consensus as what avenue will get you the best result with the smallest waves.
Web Reference:  http://www.clickncompare.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more