sun city west

Asked by Steve And Kris Winther, North End, Boise, ID Sun Aug 26, 2007

my wife is 49 im 55. is sun city west a good move for us. we are active. . also whats the difference between suncity and sun city west? besides location. how can i slim down the web site search to golf cours homes only? thanks steve and kris winther

Answers

5
Greg Krome’s answer
Greg Krome, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Wed Sep 5, 2007
Steve & Kris, this is a very common question regarding these communities. Your choice of community may depend on your price range. Golf course homes differ in price between the different Sun Cities. They go up in price the newer the community. In addition, I find that really active early retirement clients as in your case find much greater satisfaction living in Sun City Grand and using the ammenities offered than the others becuase they are geared toward the younger retiree. As an example, the community recently voted on allowing 45 year old retirees since their is a demand for it (still no children though). You may also want to consider the new Sun City Festival it is currently being built a little further west.

There are several fees tied to buying any Sun City property in addition to the annual rec fees so make sure you know these before deciding. In regards to searches, Sun City Grand properites are hard to search on line becuase it is actually classified as the city of Surprise. It is usually even harder to look at golf course only homes.

Remember also that Luke Airforce base is within the vicinity of these communities and planes may fly in the area a couple times a week.

I live in Surprise and work in these areas if you want me to give you a tour of the different communities please feel free to call me anytime at 623-734-5406 and we can arrange it.
Richard Dobb…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Aug 26, 2007
Stve and Kris, good Morning. Sun City and Sun City West are both good options for active adults. Sun City is the oldest of the Sun City Communities. Sun City West is newer but Sun City Grand is the newest. There are also other active adult communities around the valley. If you would like I could do a complete search for Sun City golf course homes and email them to you. You could also check out our website at http://www.bergdobblesteam.com and use our property search tool. Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Sandra Lena, Agent, Peoria, AZ
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Sun City West was built around 1978 and finished up around the mid 1990's when they went in and started Sun City Grand in Surprise. This community is made for active adults! I've never seen so many people rushing arouind and saying "I've never been so busy, even while I was at home raising my children and/or working."

One of the nice things about Sun City West or all of the Sun Cities, is the cleanliness of the communities. They have a club that's called "The Prides" and these are volunteers to help keep the streets clean. I've never seen so many people join together as a family to take care of their community. The other terrific amenity is if you play golf, you have a choice of 7 golf clubs to choose from . There are frustrated actors and actresses, singers, musicians, dancers also that create some of the best shows I've ever seen. This statement isn't long enough to rave about the love of Sun City West coming from their residents. If you want to find out more about the different active adult communities, I'd love to talk to anyone at any time. You can check out my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/sandra.lenajohnson.
Arizona, , Maryland
Sun Jan 3, 2010
Steve and Kris, I believe you will be more than happy with SCW. It is the last development Del Webb himself oversaw. He incorporated lessons learned from earlier communities. Streets are laid out well but also do not allow for shortcuts by those looking for a quick way to work. Sun City is older and the homes are smaller. It also has through streets used by commuters use. SCW does not - the major streets are outside the gates. This is huge because traffic can be terrible during commuter hours. Sun City Grand has lots of problems. Lawsuits against construction companies due to separation of walls from foundations. They also do not have enough ammenities for the population. Grand has petitioned SCW for use of golf courses, rec centers, etc. This was turned down because SCW residents do not want to cause themselves the same problem. There are also not enough grocery stores or shops in Grand. You must always leave the city to conduct business. There is a new Baby Boomer club in SCW and the entire community is now turning over to younger active snowbirds or retirees. We are the same age and after looking for about a year and a half we chose SCW. I think it is the best of the Sun Cities. Feel free to email me if you like.
Philip Eller…, , Phoenix, AZ
Mon Oct 1, 2007
I am a sales associate that works for Sun City Festival by Del Webb, the next premier active adult community in Arizona. We are located within the city limits of Buckeye, but are just due west of Surprise. If you are looking at Vistancia, then you really need to get info on Sun City Festival. I'd be happy to provide this to you if you'd like. You can see my personal webpage that I created for the Community at http://www.myspace.com/suncityfestival

Please contact me immediately for great incentive opportunities on two beautiful golf course homes that just came available.

Phil Ellerbroek
Sales Associate - Sun City Festival by Del Webb
philip.ellerbroek@delwebb.com
Cell 602-377-0104