safe area to live/ move to in Tucson, AZ? north, east....not safe?

Asked by Amy, Ann Arbor, MI Sat Jul 28, 2007

Answers

4
Don Wehn, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Sun Jul 29, 2007
Amy,
As a REALTOR, we can not red line any area of the city. However we can direct you to links that show crime statistics. Here is one: http://tpdinternet.tucsonaz.gov/Stats/. Also I would be happy to email you a state issed Buyers Advisory Booklet that has numerous website links and specific items in addition to the question you raised that a buyer should consider. Contact me at http://www.TucsonHomeSweetHome.com and I will email the advisory to you
Bridgette Ko…, , Florida
Sat Jul 28, 2007
Amy,
I've been blogging away all day, and noticed that no one has yet gotten to your question. I had another question from AZ earlier... I think all the AZ agents took the day off! So, for now, if you haven’t done so already, you can start here on trulia. Simply go to the Real Estate Guides tab and type in a zip code or city/state. Best of luck and happy hunting!
Don Wehn, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Fri Sep 28, 2007
I think that every agent will tell you the area of town they live in is safe. Since safe is a very generic term, I always direct clients to the Tucson and Arizona web pages so they can review the crime stats for themselves and thereby determine if the area is safe in their opinion. I also direct them to the sex offender pages. As an agent I will never state that an agent is safe or safer than any other. If you would like a free copy of the Arizona Buyer's Advisory that provides links to numerous websites and telephone numbers so you can check on these type of things, please contact me.
, , Tucson, AZ
Tue Aug 7, 2007
Amy,

If it's any consolation I bought a house over on the NW side, to avoid the crime.

The problem I found with the 'crime maps' was that they didn't show the border of Tucson and Marana, which is where my house is. The maps stop around Sunrise Drive and I live north of Cortaro Farms Road.