Andrew Davis, Other/Just Looking in Bakersfield, CA

no heat tenant's rights?

Asked by Andrew Davis, Bakersfield, CA Thu Nov 29, 2007

have had no heat for 4 weeks and landlord says looking for someone to come out - there are lots of companies what are my rights?

Help the community by answering this question:


Mario Pinedo, Ccim’s answer
There are many tenants rights organizations - look up one in your county and tell them the situation. Also, call your landlord immediately and tell him that you want a repair person at the house today. If not, then you will use the help of the tenant rent organization to sue him for not delivering usable living space to you. You may have rights to be compensated for the time you went without heat. Please contact the rent board in your area as soon as possible. They can give you good advice.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2007
Mario Pinedo,…, Real Estate Pro in Cupertino, CA
You have the right to put your rent money inan escrow account and continue to pay it to that account until it is finished or pay for the repair yourself and deduct it from the rent you should have paid.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 30, 2007
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer