need advice from real estate agent on neighborhoods with good schools, proximity to parks, etc

Asked by e.eager, Austin, TX Thu Oct 3, 2013

Hi, we are currently living outside of US, on expat assignment. but recently started to consider options where to get settled. We lived in Houston for 3 years and liked it a lot but it is still pretty transitional place. This November coming to Houston for a short trip and decide to take a closer look at Austin, TX.
Could you, please, recommend good, upper scale neighborhoods with great schools ( we have a pre school child), proximity of the parks for biking, running, etc. Would be thankful for any advice

Answers

18
Susie Kay’s answer
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Austin and it's surrounding cities are a wonderful place to live with many good schools. What I think you need to consider is your budget, proximity to work, type of home, age of home, in addition to your lifestyle. I know of a really good and knowledgeable realtor serving Austin and it's surrounding cities such as Cedar Park, Round Rock, Lakeway etc. Let me know if you'd like to be connected to her.

Should you decide to look into Dallas area then I'd be happy to assist you. There are plenty of parks for biking and running in the Dallas area.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Valerie DiFa…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
We would love to help you find the right home in a great neighborhood with exceptional schools. Austin and the surrounding areas have much to offer in the way of schools, parks, biking, running, etc. Finding the right one for your family is what we do. We have 30 plus years experience in Austin and will help find the perfect home based on your specific criteria. Please contact us, we would love to guide you around Austin to find your family's perfect match.
JOSEPH E JAR…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Depending on your price range, the areas I would recommend would be the Westlake area, Steiner Ranch, and Lakeway. Eanes school District, Lake Travis school District, and the schools servicing Steiner Ranch are all very, very good and rated the highest. Those areas are also very nice with access to parks, shopping, bike trails, etc. as you are looking for.

If you are not yet working with a Realtor and would like to discuss some more details so I can better guide you, feel free to contact me. I am consistently in the top 1% of agents in the greater Austin area, and am ranked #8 with Keller Williams Realty LT, who is the number one Real Estate company in the greater Austin area. I do not charge anything for my extensive services, Have a great team of lenders, inspectors, etc. to assist us, and am also a Master Instructor who teaches Buyer Representation and Negotiations. I work hard at seven days a week for my clients, and can definitely help you find just the right home, in just the right neighborhood, and get you the best price, terms, and conditions possible. I have an excellent track record and would be happy to let you talk to one of my past clients. Please call me if I may be of further assistance… Joe

Joe Jarusinsky, Realtor/Master Instructor, Keller Williams Realty, Austin's #1 Real Estate Company, Call 512-261-4415

PS-I will be out of town this coming Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, returning to my office on Monday afternoon. I take two or three days off every couple of years whether I need it or not… ;)
Kimberley S…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Hi there,

As you can tell from the answers so far, Austin is not short on excellent public schools. Most have been hit upon in the other answers. There are many factors to consider when choosing the location for your new home, other than just schools. Other important factors are: location of employment and desired commute time (we do have some traffic here, but not as bad as Houston), price range you are wanting to spend for your home, hobbies (based are your question it looks like you are an outdoors type and Austin has plenty of great places to bike, hike, run, golf, boat, camp...), urban, suburban or country life style, proximity to downtown for entertainment or employment.

I specialize in Relocation and work with some of our high tech companies here in Austin and their new employees. I know how stressful it can be. You should choose a Realtor to work with in finding your home who has the knowledge and expertise to help you make good educated decisions on the location of your new home and then can help you through the process and protect your interests along the way. I'm happy to help in any way I can. Email me and I'll send you my digital relocation presentation that I send to all my relocation clients. It's full of great information to help get you introduced to Austin right away. You can even search for homes right for the presentation.

I'm also happy to provide you with references from some of my current and past relocation clients.

Thanks much and I hope you have a wonderful day!
vivianne dor…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013

Since I have moved many times myself (several countries and cities), I know how difficult it is to decide where to live in a city you don't know. It's great to have someone to guide and advise you. I can do that for you.

There are many nice neighborhoods with good schools, close to parks and trails. It depends in which part of Austin you want to be. Steiner Ranch in NW Austin is a great community, very family oriented, very well rated schools and close to shopping and other amenities. Also in NW, Avery Ranch is a great subdivision. In SW Austin, Circle C is a great neighborhood. Then there is Westlake, one of the most expensive areas in Austin and in one of the best rated school districts. There are many areas where you could look into. I would be happy to help you and if you come to Austin in November, I can meet with you and show you some homes in any of these areas. In the meantime, I can send you some home listings, but I would need a price range, number of bedrooms/bath and any other criteria that are important to you.

Please email me at vdordea@austin.rr.com. I am looking forward to hear from you.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor
Sierra Homes Realty
512-554-5997
vivianne dor…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Oct 4, 2013
Hello, again,

You have received answers from many helpful agents and probably are deciding what to do next. As I mentioned in my answer to you previously, I'd be happy to help you not just by giving you info through this web site, but meet with you when you come to Austin and help you decide if Austin is the right place for you to settle in. Please let me know when you plan to be here and what kind of home you are looking for.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor
Sierra Homes Realty
512-554-5997
Dwayne Grego…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
There are There are several awesome school systems just depends on what part of Austin or the surrounding metro area you would like to live.

Dgregory@bartonharrisrealty.com
512-516-1711
Russ Colliau, Agent, Austin, CA
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I agree that the traditional agent won't provide specificity on A great education. I'm not your traditional agent. I HIGHLY recommend Lake Travis ISD. Schools are exemplary, community and people are welcoming to newcomers, there is even a newcomers organization. It is truly a melting pot of productive people coming from other parts of the country. 5 time (in a row!) state champion high school football to boot! Russ Colliau 512.910.0560
Allan Griego, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I work and live in Steiner Ranch which has 3 exemplary rated elementary schools & Middle School & 2 highly rated preschools in the neighborhood. Excellent recreation facilities & greenbelt preserve area exclusive for its residents. Houses range from the low 300's on up. I'd be happy to help you here or any neighborhood in Austin. Best of Luck

http://youtu.be/h7W9YywRWac

Allan Griego
Facebook / AG RE Services
512.705.0610
Bill Austin, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Many nice ares to choose from. My website allows you to search based on proximity to a particular school, park, employer by using our search tools map search function. http://www.austin.teamprice.com

In general and in no ranking order look at Private, Dripping Springs, Lake Travis & Westlake schools, Certainly others to look at too.

As a long term resident of the area I can help in many ways. Feel free to give me a shout.
bill@teamprice.com or 512-709-6343 ~ Text, email or call I will respond quickly.
Best wishes.
Doug Vogelsa…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Along with the public school districts that have been mentioned, Austin has several high quality private schools. Our family is a part of the Austin Waldorf School (see link below) community. If private schools are something you would like to consider, I would be happy to discuss these options with you as well. I wish you well with your decision and look forward to the opportunity to visit with you. (We can Skype if that turns out to be easier than email.)

Peace in your home,

Doug Vogelsass
REALTOR :: Agents for Change Real Estate

10% of our net agent fees at the closing of our client's property will be donated to a charitable organization of their choice. We do this with ALL clients. This is our way of expressing our appreciation to both our clients and the worthy causes dedicated to the betterment of our communities.

9600 Escarpment Blvd :: Suite 745-75 :: Austin, TX :: 78749
Sponsoring broker :: David Komie, Attorney-at-Law (License# 584762).
Jennifer Sal…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Luckily Austin is home to many great schools, both public and private. A few great neighborhoods that come to mind are Rollingwood with great proximity to Zilker park, Tarrytown, several neighborhoods in southwest Austin. Lakeway is another wonderful option if you want to be a bit further out. More information on your situation would help in answering your question more specifically. Feel free to give me a call ahead of your visit, and I can suggest a few other areas for you to check out. I'd also be happy to send you some information on area schools.

Jennifer Salas
512-507-4460
jennifersalas@kw.com
John Watts, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I would be happy to assist you with your needs and desires, but I need additional information from you in order to better assist you. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
B&G Properti…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I would love to chat and can provide you with some materials on school ratings.

Melissa Galvan
KW Realtor
512-773-5735
mgalvan@kw.com
Carlos Arana, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Hello! I'm sure you would be satisfied by the schools in Eanes ISD in the Westlake area as well Lake Travis ISD in Lakeway. There are also many private school around Austin that may suit your needs. Best of luck!
Stuart McWil…, Agent, Lakeway, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Eanes ISD & Lake Travis ISD are highly sought after with nice outdoors activities nearby. What country are you living in?
Steven Nusin…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Oct 3, 2013
Depending on budget and ideal location, there are a lot of neighborhoods that would suit your needs. Circle C, Steiner Ranch, Westlake to name a few.

Please feel free to contact me anytime for a no obligation consultation.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu Oct 3, 2013
I doubt many real estate agents will openly discuss schools and proclaim one good or bad. We don't do that, we let you do that and we don't try to give your our personal suggestions, we let the buyers make those choices based on their needs and impressions.