looking for town with character north of Raliegh, NC. ie, aquatic neighborhood, historical, heavy recreation.

Asked by Beth, Shelly, MN Sun Oct 7, 2007

Looking for a neighborhood that has character. Not looking for dense homes with Target and Costco strip malls. Perhaps extensive fitness paths, historical town, artsy neighborhoods, lake district. Needs area with lots of kids.

Answers

11
Dean Weaver-Mueck’s answer
Dean Weaver-…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Fri Jan 23, 2009
Hi Beth, it sounds like Inside the beltline might be for you! The only thing missing is the aquatic neighborhood. This area of Raleigh is mostly historic homes, artsy neighborhoods and downtown atmosphere. Chapel Hill/Carboro is artsy and historical but most of the kids are students. Wake Forest is historic but to get the ammenities youare looking for, you will have to live a few miles away from the historic area but it will still be within reach. Raleigh is so spread out that the historic area and the other amenities are too much of a stretch unless you join the "Y" or another swim club. Give me a call. i've practiced real estate in Raleigh more than 15 years now. I know the market and the areas surrounding Raleigh. I lived in Wake Forest 14 years and Cary and Raleigh for 11. Call me. I'd love to help.
Helen Croghan, Agent, Wake Forest, NC
Fri Jul 18, 2008
Hi Beth
What is important to you for the actual home setting? Do you personally like older historical type homes too? How much land will you ideally be comfortable with? Do you like to go out on the lakes in a boat or just have the scenery in the neighborhood? Do you like 2 story homes or ranch style? What about school distance from this "dream home"? Are ice skating, soccer fields, indoor sports fields, and baseball fields on your list?
Web Reference:  http://www.OneinEleven.com
Sonja Babic, Agent, New Bern, NC
Thu May 15, 2008
Sonja Babic with Prudential Clear Water Realty is your New Bern and North Carolina Real Estate Broker! Looking for waterfront, historic or golf? We have it all! Conveniently located and with so much to offer New Bern is a great place to work, play and retire!

Please contact me for more information's or to request your FREE info pack!

Your North Carolina Broker
Sonja Babic
252-617-0861
http://www.SonjaBabic.com
Web Reference:  http://www.SonjaBabic.com
Mike Carswell, , Raleigh, NC
Tue Mar 25, 2008
Hi there! I am glad to hear you are considering a move to North Carolina. Except for a few years in Tennessee, I have lived here most of my life. The pace of life is slower, but not backwoods! The cost of living is reasonable, and home prices, while not on the bottom of the chart, are still very, very reasonable here.
I am located in the Raleigh/Durham area. Raleigh is located in Wake County, which was cited on CNN last week as the 6th fastest growing county in the US. While Raleigh is certainly growing, so are the bedroom communities surrounding....and that is where I spend the majority of my time. I have access to a great supply of homes for clients...homes that have a 'country' neighborhood atmosphere but are within a 15-20 minute commute to the city. The majority of my work takes place in the area just north of Raleigh; Wake Forest, Franklin and Granville Counties. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the great communities you will find and the wide choices of homes and floor plans available to you.
Please feel free to contact me for more information at 919-906-8865, or visit my website at http://www.mikecarswell.com .
I'd love to add you to the list of our happy homeowners!
Web Reference:  http://www.mikecarswell.com
Moving back…, Both Buyer And Seller, Wake Forest, NC
Tue Mar 18, 2008
We are getting ready to list our house and I found your question. I'm not a realtor, just a mom. We are in a small neighborhood between North Raleigh, and Creedmoor. We are close to everything, but there is nothing immediately around us except Falls Lake, and there never will be. Tons of wooded exploring and water launches surround us. We use a membership at seven oaks club in raleigh, that has 3 swimming pools. It's plenty, but we are being relocated. Let me know if you need more info or are still in the market.
Macon Mcdavid, , 28468
Mon Mar 17, 2008
yOU WILL COME NEARER FINDING A LOCATION WHICH YOU DESCRIBE NEARER THE COAST. WONDERFUL BEACHES, AND SEA COAST TOWNS. WILMINGTON NC IS HISTORICAL, ON THE WATER HAS A UNIVERSITY THERE HAS NEARLY EVERYTHING YOU LIKE AND IT IS QUALITY WITHOUT THE EXTREME AND SUFFOCATING GROWTH AND ALL THE PUBLIC EDUCATION DISSENTION WHICH IS PREVELANT IN RALEIGH RIGHT NOW. NOT NORTH OF RALEIGH BUT TAKE I 40 INTO WILMINGTON APPROX 1HOUR 45 MINUTES AND ENJOY....
Rhomni Willi…, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Tue Mar 11, 2008

Cary and Morrisville has great opportunities for an active lifestyle with plenty of indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities. The area has lots parks, great shopping, awesome schools. Both of these locations are North & West of Raleigh and minutes to Research Triangle Park. Call Me - I specialize in Relocation!
Web Reference:  http://www.Rhomni.com
, ,
Wed Mar 5, 2008
You might consider Chatham County. We are home to Jordan Lake, offering boating, swimming and fishing. Conveniently located on interstate 64 between Cary and Pittsboro. Home prices are affordable compared to national averages and you are close to Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.
Ken Christian, , Raleigh, NC
Fri Oct 12, 2007
It sounds like you would like Wake Forest. It is just north of Raleigh, has a nice historic district, a downtown area that is being revitalized with shoppes and restaurants. Just to its northeast is Falls Lake with parks, boating, hiking trails, and picnic shelters. Wake Forest has golfing communities that are upscale with pools and tennis courts. The watershed around Falls Lake is protected with low density housing, and no commercial developement allowed, but just minutes from the usual shopping districts. Wake Forest is only minutes from North Raleigh, so you get the best of both worlds. If you have further questions, go to my website for more information.
J R, , New York, NY
Mon Oct 8, 2007
What's an aquatic neigbhorhood?
Seth W Parro…, , New Bern, NC
Mon Oct 8, 2007
sounds like NEW BERN would be worth a look
Hap Parrott 252 633 1234
Coldwell Banker Willis Smith (hap@coldwellbanker .com)