is sunrise manor neighborhood safe? Good schools?

Asked by Nancy, 60142 Wed Dec 23, 2009

Answers

4
Nancy, , 60142
Sun Dec 27, 2009
Thanks AV for sharing your thoughts/advice. I was looking for the answer from someone who lives there and not necessarily from a realtor who isn't "allowed to entice someone" to purchase or not in a certain neeighborhood. All of the suggestions about actually going to the police dept or "visiting" the neighborhood are good suggestions but I don't live in Nevada so that will be a little hard until I am actually there looking at places to buy and my time is very short. I am trying to narrow the neighborhoods down to consider so I am not spinning my wheels while there on a limited vacation to buy a condo. Thank you everyone. You have been very helpful.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Dec 26, 2009
As far as the schools are concerned, why not contact or visit the district directly, ask about test scores, special programs, etc--also check their wesite. As far as safety is concerned, why not visit the local police department and ask all your questions, you'll be happy to have heard all the information firsthand--real estate professionals are not allowed to entice a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods--do as much homework on your own as possible to assure your comfort level can be reached.

Anna
A.V., Home Seller, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Dec 26, 2009
Hi Nancy -

I've lived in Sunrise Manor for almost 6 years and I consider it a safe, middle-class neighborhood. Not as upscale as Summerlin or Green Valley - just very middle-of-the-road. It's made up of mostly working-class residents and has plenty of casino employment opportunities nearby. We don't have kids, so I'm not sure of the school situation, but I've never seen or heard of any problems since we've lived here. It would be a good idea for you or someone you trust to take a drive through the area you're interested in and determine if it's right for you.

Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Dec 23, 2009
Hi Nancy,

Issues of neighborhood safety are often best addressed by the local police department. The will likely have access to the most accurate and current information.

Happy Holidays

The Eckler Team