i have been liveing here for four years and the master and landlord is trying to make me leave in four days can they do this

Asked by Miliel32, Cincinnati, OH Mon Apr 30, 2012

Answers

4
James Gordon ABR SFR SRS ’s answer
James Gordon…, Agent, Hamilton, OH
Tue May 1, 2012
The number one question is -- are you current on your rent? If you were served with a 3 day notice the most common reason is that you are behind. Bring your rent current if that is the problem because the form gives you a chance to cure the problem.

If the problem is other than rental payments talk to the landlord and see what can be done to cure the problem. Communication is the key and normally you get served when there is no idea of what is happening or promises to do something lease related were broken.
Bob Lane, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Tue May 1, 2012
For non-payment of rent a landlord can issues a 3 day notice to leave the premise and that must be done thru a court of law. I hope this help
Kurt Lamping, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Mon Apr 30, 2012
They can give you a three day notice, and then file for eviction, but they can not just ask you to leave in 4 days. Please call HOME, housing opportunities made equal, and they will help you.
Scott Baker, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Mon Apr 30, 2012
Don't take this as bona fide legal advice, but the only way I've ever been able to ask a tennant to move within that time frame (3 day notice) was when my tennants were in violation of the lease and were not taking steps to become back in compliance with the lease. A three day notice to vacate has to be consipiciously posted on the property and that if the tennant does not move out within those 3 days, an eviction request will be filed (Forcible Entry and Detainer). A court date set and if the court agrees with the landlord and the court sets a move out date....

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.... you should consult a legal professional for that. Googling Ohio Tennant Landlord Law should provide you with some helpful links

Scott Baker, Realtor
ERA Real Solutions
513-227-5897
sbaker13.sb@gmail.com