hi my name is ginko, my mother and i have a one bedroom apartment and her son lives here as well, he has been

Asked by Ginko, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jan 10, 2008

takeing up space and destroying the property. He was to stay here until he came off of parole which was until january 2008 the first week, but he hasnt left the premises at all. i wanted to know what can i do to get him out mine and my mom name is on the lease but not his. my mom is sick and i know that there is a way i can go about getting him out but want to know how and how long will it take. I herd something about a 30 day eviction notice? but can i get a lil more info.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Aileen-Manha…, , New York, NY
Thu Jan 10, 2008

You need to speak to an attorney about evicting your brother. Call the local Bar Association (Kings County Bar Association) and ask if there are any pro bono attorneys that can answer your questions. Perhaps the local law library (usually at the courthouse) has a packet on evictions you can purchase and would know if any legal clinics will be held on the subject.

Real estate agents cannot give you legal advice.
1 vote
Rhonda Holt, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Oct 10, 2009
Hello, you definitely have to speak to a lawyer to make sure all the steps are done legally and correctly. There are certain laws that apply to people that stay in your home for a length of time and it can be difficult to get someone out. Go down to the court house and file your case and a lawyer will be assigned and you can get the process up and rolling. Good luck!

Rhonda Holt
Full Time Top Sales Agent
Co-ops and Home Sales
Weichert Realtors, H.P Greenfield
1712 Utica Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11234
Office: 718-692-4444
Cell: 646-725-5941
Email: HelpMeRhonda1919@yahoo.com
Web Reference:  http://www.KandHhomes.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more