anybody who lives in Kavala Ranch in Rancho, any idea how the rendering plant affects this community?

Asked by Gsmj11, 91016 Mon Mar 10, 2008

Answers

9
Oldworldgirl, , Mather, CA
Sat May 9, 2009
It is putrid! I live at Mather and have lived there for 5 years. When we first moved in the smell was non-existant due to new filters they installed. Since that time the filters have become ineffective and the smell is horrible. When walking in the mornings or night I am nearly choked by the smell. I hear it is much worse at Anatolia and I expect that Kavala is going to receive the brunt of it. They do have plans to eventually move it, but there is no date as to when.
Lisa, Home Buyer, Sacramento, CA
Fri Aug 15, 2008
I live in Kavala Ranch. Can definitely smell some fairly gross smells when outside, usually in the evenings. Not every evening however and can't smell anything when I am indoors.
runjumpsplash, Home Owner, Rancho Cordova, CA
Fri Nov 16, 2012
You can ask questions of people who live in the community here: http://www.facebook.com/kavalaranchpark
Fri Nov 16, 2012
Thursday evenings I smell something. It's gotten better over the years though.
Katie, Home Owner, Rancho Cordova, CA
Tue Sep 11, 2012
When we found ourdream home in Kavala Ranch last December, our only reservation was the remdering plant. After surviving 4 seasons in our home in thr kavala community, there has been maybe 2 or 3 times all year we have actually smelled it, and that was onlyoutside our home. The smell is not that bad and totally bareable. Also, the rendering plant is in talks with the city to relocate. In short, don't let the rendering plant keep you from moving out here! We love it!
Kristi, Home Buyer, Kavala Ranch
Wed Aug 5, 2009
I live on the Northeast side of Kavala Ranch and VERY rarely catch a wiff of the plant. I think that the natural wind currents take it into Anatolia more than into Kavala Ranch. I can smell it sometimes as I drive down Keifer, but by the time I get to Rancho Cordova Parkway, it's gone. We have been advised by Lennar that they have paid big $$ to have filters installed in the plant, but the plant refuses to use them as it increases their energy costs. If we do smell it we have been asked to contact the city. You can ask Lennar for more info when you inquire.
C1097513, , Rancho Cordova, CA
Tue Jun 23, 2009
I am also a resident of Kavala Ranch. The plant isnt as bad as some of these exagerators make it out to be. Yes it does smell sometimes, depending on the direction of the wind, but its not very often, and i eat dinner outside almost every night durring the summer. There is no smell inside the homes unless your windows are open when they are cooking, and it not a smell that lingers around if you shut your windows. Putting up with a little smell every once in a while is well worth the great Lennar homes in teh neighborhood.
Bummed, , Rancho Cordova, CA
Fri Jan 9, 2009
The rendering plant has a powerful odder and unpredictable hours. I live in Kavala Ranch and have been very disappointed by this problem. I understand that the plant was there first, however, it's almost as if out of spite they choose to "render" at dinner time and on weekends -- almost exclusively.

Love my house but I would not have purchased it had I known the rendering plant was not subject to reasonable operating hours.

It bogels my mind that Rancho Cordova hasn't requested their cooperation to resolve this issue. Anatolia and Kavala Ranch are clearly the premier residential developments in the city, you would think they would be interested in protecting their value.
Mark Daya, Agent, Rancho Cordova, CA
Tue Mar 11, 2008
I live just north of there in Anatolia and I can sometimes smell things in the evening only when I leave the windows open. If my windows aren't open, there is no smell. I'm not sure how it is a mile down the road though.