Why do Americans hate each other so much? Why is it getting worse? Do you feel better knowing you live in a ultra violent society?

Asked by Dan, Alabama Fri Aug 12, 2011

Foley, Al. couple tazed at WalMart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lfka659CNs

Answers

14
Alan May’s answer
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Your logic is flawed. You show no such evidence that Americans hate each other so much, nor do we see any evidence that it's getting worse. And we don't live in an "ultra violent" society.

You show us a video of a beligerent couple at Walmart yelling with a police officer who's apparently trying to arrest the man. I could just as easily ask the question "Why are Walmart shoppers so angry?", or "Why do Alabamans hate the police?" or "Why do Foley Alabama police only harass short ugly people?".
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
If a buyer said what M. Parrish did then said buyer would be booted pretty quick. M. Parrish is letting us all know how professional a realtor can (not) be. Perhaps its best for M. Parrish to disappear until she chooses have adult discourse.

The above is a question. If a question offends you then articulate what the problem is instead of asking for the ID of the questioner. We know the question bothers you . Asking for my identification will not make it go away.
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
What I do question is your premise that Americans hate each other so much, that it's getting worse, nor that we live in an ultra-violent society. "

Ok. You need more evidence. No problem:

Kelly Thomas murdered by police in Fullerton, CA
http://www.copblock.org/6619/seig-heil-to-the-nazis-in-fullerton/
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Alan,

The video clearly shows a cop attacking two people with brutal force. I fail to see a cop trying really hard to not taser Anthony Smith given the fact that he quickly tasered Anthony Smith. Surely you have also heard about the police murdering a guy in Fullerton CA? Let me guess...the cops tried really hard to not beat Kelly Thomas's brains in? The Fullerton, CA police that committed this murder are currently on paid admin leave.

As long as most people do not hold police accountable or even question police then expect more of the same. I said this years ago and since then the police have stepped up their murdering of Americans. I expect this trend to get much worse.

I certainly do look for this kind of police behavior in any city that I am considering buyin realty in.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
When we do not know who to hate, we hate ourselves.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
<< The answer is so scary to Alan May that he denies the police brutalize Americans. Classic denial. >>

Please show me where in my answer, I deny that police brutalize Americans? I don't deny that it happens.... the video you've linked us to doesn't show police brutality, what it shows it an officer trying very hard NOT to tase Anthony Smith.

What I do question is your premise that Americans hate each other so much, that it's getting worse, nor that we live in an ultra-violent society.

Not denial, merely asking for evidence that you've been unable to provide to support your claims.
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
"Hi again Dan! Why are you unable to tell me what you do for a living? "

How would my profession have anything whatsoever to do with your ideas regarding this question?

"How do you have this much time on your hands? " As a realtor how do you have so much time on your hands and why is this relevant to the question?

Why don't you spend time doing something constructive rather than spreading negativity on real estate blogs?' Is this your forum? Perhaps you are under the false perception that this is a realtors only club? Is this a realtors only club containing ideas that you alone approve? Are the ideas being put forth an inconvenience? Do you have a right to read only "nice" things?

" What kind of satisfaction does this give you?" Perhaps we should all invest in our delusions and pretend that we live in a world devoid of intelligent discussion? Hey, who needs to discuss the perfect world you dwell in?

"Do you have a college degree? relevance to the question? Really, tell me what impact any education specific to me has anything at all to do w/ the question. If you knew this info would you then use it to distract from the question itself as you are now doing without any personal info? Why not answer the question instead? The answer is so scary to Alan May that he denies the police brutalize Americans. Classic denial.

Do you have some profession? Yes.

Where are you from- Auburn or Foley or somewhere else?" Why? Explain.

Why can't you put a real picture and full profile of yourself? Why? Explain.

Can you stand up for your "beliefs" without being anonymous? Can you state your beliefs given that you are not anonymous? So far you have not....M. Parrish.

"What are you doing to affect POSITIVE change in this country?"

Bringing to discussion societal destroying behaviors that you are afraid to bring up or address. Discussing the problem is required to solve it. What are you doing to bring positive change to the country, M Parrish?
Parrish Walk…, Agent, Mobile, AL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Hi again Dan! Why are you unable to tell me what you do for a living? How do you have this much time on your hands? Why don't you spend time doing something constructive rather than spreading negativity on real estate blogs? What kind of satisfaction does this give you? Do you have a college degree? Do you have some profession? Where are you from- Auburn or Foley or somewhere else? Why can't you put a real picture and full profile of yourself? Can you stand up for your "beliefs" without being anonymous? What are you doing to affect POSITIVE change in this country?
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
And as proof that the fabric of our society is falling apart, you bring us a list of 20 incidents, offer to us by Lew Rockwell, ultra-liberatarian, and buddy of Ru Paul... ooops, sorry.. Ron Paul.

Sorry, not buyin.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Let's try "this" from the Baldwin County Bulletin.

A Foley police officer tased an Arizona man at the Wal-Mart in Foley last week, and one observer caught the incident on video and posted it to YouTube.

Husband and wife Anthony Scott Smith, 41, and Chrisanna Elizabeth Smith, 40, both of Scottsdale, Ariz., were arrested Friday and charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and second-degree assault on an officer.

According to Lt. Thurston Bullock, officer Caleb Bibby was conducting a walk-through of the business just before 11 p.m. and the couple allegedly began harassing Bibby and shouting at the officer.

"(Bibby) did a walkthrough of Wal-Mart and to pick up some cleaning supplies for his patrol car," Bullock said. "While inside, they walk up to the officer and are in his personal space. They are berating him about being in there, on duty. They want his name and badge number. They tell him that he is a traitor and committing treason because he is inside of Wal-Mart and shopping while on duty."

Bullock said officers are encouraged to do "walk-throughs" in local businesses to "create presence and let the owners and customers see them out and about," and officers are allowed to purchase something while at the business. As Bibby was leaving the store, the couple allegedly continued shouting at him.

"They are extremely vocal, yelling and screaming and cussing at him," Bullock said. "At that point they have crossed the line and he is able to arrest them for disorderly conduct for creating public annoyance or alarm."

Bibby tried to keep the situation under control until a backup officer arrived at the scene, Bullock said.

"Once outside, the officer goes above and beyond with his level of patience and restraint in trying to keep the scene frome escalating until his backup gets there," Bullock said. "(Bibby) is more than justified to use the Taser before it happens, however he is waiting for the backup to get there."

As Bibby tried to handcuff Anthony Smith, the man allegedly began physically attacking the officer. Once the backup officer, Shawn Miller, arrived at the scene, Miller ordered Anthony Smith to get on the ground multiple times, Bullock said. Bibby drew the Taser and used it on Anthony Smith after the man allegedly refused Miller's orders, Bullock said.
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Surely you realize that this has much to do with real estate?

20 Signs That the Fabric Of American Society Is Coming Apart at the Seams

http://lewrockwell.com/rep2/fabric-of-us-society-coming-apart.html
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
"Again, no evidence of the police killing and beating Americans in your video, nor any evidence that it's happening "so much". "

If the linked video does not evidence police beating Americans then what does?

Go ahead and youtube "police brutality" and visit copblock dot org to help relieve your delusions regarding this topic.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Again, no evidence of the police killing and beating Americans in your video, nor any evidence that it's happening "so much".

That's the interesting part about the internet. Anybody can jump on and make an assertion. But I see no evidence that your assertion (killing, beating, 'so much')... is accurate.

And nobody said that it wasn't a problem, nor an embarrassment, if it were true.
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Fri Aug 12, 2011
Why are the police killing and beating Americans so much these days? Why is this not a problem? Why is this not an embarrassment?