Which is a more promenent community Rolling Hills LN, Aliso Viejo (Pacific Park/Canyon View Park?)

Asked by Yesmin Seligson, Laguna Niguel, CA Sun Oct 14, 2007

Which area would offer a more upscale, prestigious well appointed homes in the Laguna Niguel(Rolling Hills Community) or Aliso Viejo (of Pacific park and Canyon View Park) Young families, less trafic, however it can be overlook for a better quality of life.

Answers

4
Julia Huntsm…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Sun Oct 14, 2007
Hello Yesmin, one of the great things about Laguna Niguel is the amount of dedicated open space. I don't think you can go wrong with either area though. But one of the great things about renting for a while is the opportunity to get the feel of a community, to "try it out". If you're inquiring about home values, Laguna Niguel overall has more "high end" homes that are currently showing on the MLS, than Aliso Viejo.
I've lived in Southern California my entire life and have seen the Orange County development and growth over time. If you would like more information, please call me at (562) 896-2609.
Web Reference:  http://www.juliahuntsman.com
Meredith Dre…, Agent, Aliso Viejo, CA
Wed Oct 27, 2010
Yesmin -

I echo what the other agents have said...both are wonderful places to live. Laguna Niguel probably has more allure to it with its name than Aliso Viejo does. Laguna Niguel is more established, older and generally more expensive homes...you get into a lot of areas that have ocean views.

Aliso is a younger community both in the age of the homes and the overall age of those living here. As mentioned earlier, many homes have great views of Saddleback or of the Canyon area. I, personally, have loved living in Aliso Viejo for more than ten years now...I don't plan to ever leave!

Good luck! If you need any assistance with your home search, I'm happy to help.

-Meredith Drews
Web Reference:  http://www.meredithdrews.com
Jill Kuenne, Agent, Aliso Viejo, CA
Tue May 6, 2008
Yesmin,

This is probably going to boil down to personal preference for you... While Laguna Niguel offers a more mature, developed feel, homes in Aliso Viejo are, overall, newer. And Laguna Niguel is probably more 'well-known' but Aliso Viejo is 'up-and-coming' especially with the university there and all that it has to offer as a master planned community.

Laguna Niguel has some really prestigious areas, and a low tax rate... Though there are parts of Aliso Viejo, as you've mentioned, off of Pacific Park and Canyon View, as well as the Westridge area that are very prestigious, and offer fantastic views of the nature preserve, or city lights.

You also have to factor in commute to work, schools, and other things as well as you make your particular choice. So good luck to you as you make your decision ~ but I think you can't go wrong with either city, honestly.
Web Reference:  http://www.TheJillKTeam.com
Marlene Brid…, Agent, Laguna Woods, CA
Wed Oct 24, 2007
Yesmin,
There are lovely developments in both cities. I believe the popular opinion of which area ia more upscale would tend to weigh slightly more toward Laguna Niguel. There are more upscale developments than in Aliso Viejo,however, Aliso Viejo does offer some lovely communities with commanding views of all of Saddleback Valley. Both cities offer excellent schools, shopping and strong, progressive city governments.