Where is the least expensive place to live in San Diego?

Asked by Tammy Heatherly, Encinitas, CA Sat Dec 29, 2007

Answers

9
Fred Posner, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Sun Mar 29, 2009
Hi Tammy. I actually just came across this internal webpage on Trulia. I haven't really gone through it in detail, so I'm not sure how accurate it is, but can be added to your resource list as you compile info...it actually shows you via a color-coded map of San Diego where the expensive/cheap places are and everything in between. SE San Diego county, as expected, looks to be the least expensive.

http://www.trulia.com/home_prices/California/San_Diego-heat_map/
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sat Mar 28, 2009
Hi Tammy,

Below is a link that has a chart of all of the zip codes in SD County, Median Price of Homes and the % decline (or gain) from Feb 2008 to Feb 2009. You should find his useful in answering your question as it breaks it out by Single Family Residence Resales, Condo Resales and New Homes and Condos.

Hope this helps,

http://www.dqnews.com/Charts/Monthly-Charts/SDUT-Charts/ZIPS…

Mark and Kari Shea
San Diego Real Estate Experts
Foreclosure, Short Sale & Investment Specialists,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate
Fred Posner, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Sun Mar 29, 2009
Helpful resources (again), Mark. My golden rule of thumb is the further east you go, the cheaper the real estate gets. Of course there are some anomalies to this, but it holds up pretty well. Mark's spreadsheet will give you some indication, but do read it with an open mind as some of those neighborhoods only had a few sales, so the numbers may be a little bit skewed.
Roberta Murp…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri Mar 27, 2009
Tammy: I answered this question over a year ago, and since that time prices have further plummeted in San Diego County. With thorough searching and lightning-fast offers, you might be able to find a home for less than $150,000 in Oceanside, Escondido, Vista and numerous communities in South County. We just put a 2-bedroom, 1-bath home in a nice area of Oceanside into escrow at $130,000. and one of our associates has sold several condos under $100,000 this year.

Homes at these prices are not languishing on the market, though. It is a congested segment of the market that is crowded with investors and first-time homebuyers.
Web Reference:  http://SanDiegoPreviews.com
Sandra Zambi…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 10, 2008
North San Diego county has some great deals on REO's and Defaults, also some of the local new housing tracks are giving away the farm.. I think you need to decide what is important to you regarding your lifestyle then consider your employment, schools, shopping, nightlife, inland or coastal communities... This is a great time to buy and you have so many choices to consider....
I am a buyers agent here in North San Diego county, if you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me. 760-209-0826 Sandra Zambito Realty Executives
A, , San Diego County, CA
Thu Apr 10, 2008
It really depends what you are looking for. If you wanted a nice house in a gated community where you don't have to have millions then VALLEY CENTER. If you are looking for a place with lots sizes bigger than 10,000sqft the VALLEY CENTER. If you are looking for condos, tract homes with no lot sizes then Vista, Chula Vista and Oceanside. If I can help you in anyway please let me know.
Alison Bell
619-384-6997
Web Reference:  http://www.abellre.com
Cindy Greenw…, , San Diego, CA
Sat Jan 12, 2008
Dpending on whether you are searching for a house or a condo there are many great condo deals to be had downtown. If you're looking for a home, try Rolando 92114 ,92115 I've found a few nice properties there for clients over the past year or two. Nice older homes with yards! Good luck! Cindy Greenwald, Prudential CA Realty 619/435-0101
Roberta Murp…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Sat Jan 12, 2008
Buyers are finding some tremendous buys in South Bay neighborhoods. There is currently a 3-bedroom, 2-bath townhome in Paradise Hills for under $200,000.

Other great buys in Northern San Diego County can be located in Escondido, San Marcos, Vista, Fallbrook and Oceanside.

To search the San Diego MLS for these bargains, just click the link below:
Jane Doe, Home Buyer, San Diego, CA
Sat Dec 29, 2007
Probably Central San Diego, Spring Valley, Escondido, Oceanside, Vista, National City, El Cajon. There is several reasons why those places so inexpensive though.