Where is the best Elem. School & family oriented neighborhood w/ great amenities w/in 30 min or so of downtown Columbia. Rent or Buy? Thanks!

Asked by Denby, Clearwater, FL Tue Jun 14, 2011

Answers

8
Brian Baucom, Agent, Columbia, SC
Tue Jun 14, 2011
I am a personal fan of Lake Carolina. National Blue Ribbon elementary school, 30 miles of sidewalks and walking paths, multiple pools, playgrounds, and green areas. Go to http://www.bbaucom.realestatecolumbia.com and you can see all the listings in Lake Carolina. The zip code is 29229.
Becki Ashby, Agent, Lexington, SC
Tue Jun 14, 2011
Lake Carolina in Northeast Columbia has been named Community of the Year 10 times and is definitely an area you should check out. Main draws to the community are the schools, amenities, events, YMCA, and gorgeous common areas, just to name a few. Not only do I list and sell in Lake Carolina, but I've also lived here for seven years. It's a great place to live!
Tasha Hudson, Home Seller, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Tasha Hudson, Home Seller, Chicago, IL
Tue Oct 9, 2012
Denby, Home Buyer, Clearwater, FL
Wed Jun 15, 2011
Thank you all for sharing your advice. It's helpful when you're searching from out of state and want to make the best choice for your family.

Mr. Kim, I am very curious what the major differences are in education between FL and SC? Education is definitely a priority for our family.

Thanks again!
Denby
Rozalyn Fran…, Agent, Columbia, SC
Tue Jun 14, 2011
Prescott Glen is an established neighborhood in lexington, homes range from 170,000 to 300,000; 1600 to 3300 square ft; lot sizes range from 1/4 - 1/3 acre; it also offers clubhouse, swimming, and playgrounds. Prescott Hills is just 2 mins from I-20 and is in Lexington 1 school district all the schools are only 10 mins away, you can o=also join the Lexington Country Club on Barr rd its only minutes away. call me today so we can talk about it.
Jae Kim, Agent, Irmo, SC
Tue Jun 14, 2011
There are great schools in Richland2 and Lexington/Richland5 School districts. The top award last year went to Lake Carolina Elementary school. My son went there as well as one of the magnet schools downtown for elementary school. It really comes down to a few other factors besides just "best" elementary school purely by ranking. In order to narrow down a location, you really need to consult a local professional and after providing your current and future goals, you'll come up with some possible solutions. Do your homework and look up their qualifications to pick a local expert.

I use to live in Florida and I will tell you that the differences are quite a contrast here in SC. Not bad, just very different.

Jae Kim, Broker/Owner
EXIT Real Estate Solutions
803-348-3052 (cell)
Web Reference:  http://www.jaekimhomes.com
Chrissie Cam…, Agent, Columbia, SC
Tue Jun 14, 2011
Ashford Subdivision located at the Peak Exit has a great family oriented subdivision. The neighborhood has a huge playground, ball field, tennis courts, swimming pool and 3000 s.f. Clubhouse. Check out my listing at 10 Sickle Court, Irmo, SC 29063 for $179900. It is a cul-de-sac off of a cul-de-sac. Great place to raise a family