Where is a good place for a young couple to move in the United States?

Asked by Logan Holler, Fort Myers, FL Sat Jan 12, 2013

Me and my boyfriend plan on moving out of Florida once I am done with college within the next year or two and we want to start over, and be in some type of city setting but we have no idea where to even start. I am going to college for journalism and he's into business. Can any of you give us some advice on where to move? We would like to live somewhere affordable too. Thanks so much!

Answers

4
Markus Yearg…, Agent, Nashville, TN
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Well, you can't beat Nashville, TN these days. Rolling Stone declared us the hottest music scene in the US, the New York Times declared us the new "It" city, businesses are moving here in droves, low unemployment, no income tax, and low property taxes in a vibrant, centrally located setting. So easy to get around & so much to do, you'll never finish it all! Come on up for a visit! :)
Prentiss Holt, , Nashville, TN
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Agreeing with Markus! Read down on the page linked below to see all the accolades Nashville has been getting lately in the media. It's also been drawing some of the largest major employers-- like Amazon and Dell, as well as auto companies-- and unemployment here is one of the lowest in the nation. On top of that, Nashville has several universities for you to finish your degree. You may want to check out Vanderbilt or Belmont.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Sat Jan 12, 2013
The three places, hardest hit by the recession, are Las Vegas, Phoenix and Florida:
You already know about Florida.
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Me and my boyfriend and you are in journalism? Oh My.

I have lived in several states and seen many areas that were nice. To assume there is a perfect place in all of the USA is a bit narrow thinking. I would think about going where you can find a good job. These days that is not so easy as it use to be.