What's it like living in the Quonnipaug Hills condos in North Guilford CT?

Asked by Ann, Litchfield, CT Sat Apr 11, 2009

Answers

8
Unspecified, Renter, Branford, CT
Fri Mar 7, 2014
I understand that they currently have to have their water brought in in trucks daily because there are so many broken water pipes. Anyone know if this is true?
No. Once/week due to low levels in the well from drought. Ridiculous.
Flag Tue Jul 11, 2017
No, the trucks were brought in due to low well levels from the drought. And it was one/week. Not daily. Ridiculous.
Flag Tue Jul 11, 2017
100% True ! Broken water Pipes as well as leaking septic areas . No effort to repair these
Flag Fri Jan 8, 2016
I personally live here and have had my water produce rust when going to run a bath for the kids. Only hot water would not product rust so i would need to wait until the hot water cooled an hour later before allowing them to bath. My mother swears the water is going to give everyone cancer there and I only drink bottled water
Flag Tue Jun 10, 2014
Gvhd56, Home Buyer, Guilford, CT
Fri Jan 8, 2016
Roof leaks and a carpenter was sent out by the management company to verify the leak. I was charged $ 340.00 for the "inspection" . Roof still leaks eight months later. Last winter Snow Removal took a few days to complete and I had no choice but call out from work. I used to register/insure my Mustang Convertible six months out of the year and leave it in the garage during the winter months. The cops got into my garage and towed my car away and gave me a ticket for unregistered vehicle because Guilford CT likes to collect taxes and fees just like the management company does.
Oliver White, , Branford, CT
Mon Jun 9, 2014
I own a unit in QH, which I rent out. I have owned other units in different sections of the association and would be happy to answer any specific questions if I can. The condos are split into sections, I think one to four? My unit is in QH 2. The management company (Empire Management) assures me that the well system has been inspected and there are no problems with using the water coming into the building. I do not live there, but have met a few of the neighbors and owners from other sections of Quonnipaug Hills. There seems to be a wide demographic as the area appeals to many in different ways. The residents are polite, friendly and look after their units. It seems a very tranquil area and is certainly in the countryside. I have owned other units in the association and would be happy to answer any specific questions if I can. Empire Management have been very responsive when I have had issues which lie within their remit. If anyone has interest to sell in the complex, I know investors who may have cares to buy rentals.
We are looking to sell in the condos. We are at the end of Mohawk Trail. LOTS of space! Finished lower level and BIG garage. You can have someone contact me if they are interested in purchasing [ jmitchell8121@gmail.com ]. Thank you.
Flag Mon Jan 12, 2015
Ebert, Home Buyer, Guilford, CT
Mon Jun 2, 2014
They do not consistently plow in the winter and you could be snow bound. Assessments are often unreasonable and the reasoning for these are often quite vague. Condo fees are about $ 398/month and do not expect to see many repairs being done and snow removal is a bad joke. Some units are currently without running water because of damaged underground pipes. One area has a septic issue and the ground is very muddy. Parking areas have deteriorated and asphalt is breaking apart in many areas. Some units have been damaged by carpenter ants. Last summer, a rotten deck one one of the units on Wauwinet trail collapsed completely. for several years, there have been anonymous scandal newsletters distributed to various areas of QHs that have been secretly placed in mailboxes.
kejaa, Home Buyer, Guilford, CT
Sun Feb 9, 2014
I went through a year of HELL in Quonnipaug hills Guilford CT. New Management Company imposed huge condo fee hikes,assessments, and it took four days to get plowed out. There is an older man that drives around with binoculars and a clip board that spies on everyone seeking VIOLATIONS. We got a fine because UPS left a box on our front step and it stayed there for 10 hours because we were out of town unexpectedly. The UPS box was interpreted as "Blight". We were late in paying our condo fee and our mailbox was padlocked as punishment.
Jhg23, Home Buyer, Guilford, CT
Wed Mar 30, 2016
What they do not tell you about are the "Assessments" . They are upfront about condo fees. The board votes on ambiguous repairs and we get billed anywhere from $ 200-1500 at random . WE do dot always have the money readily available. Getting repairs done is aggravation they never seem to ix things. We lose our water pressure almost every couple days and there are times when the water just does not come. We went eight days without a shower while we waited for the water to be fixed and the fix was not permanent.
Carolinebrig…, Home Buyer, East Haven, CT
Tue Jan 27, 2015
Spread out, quite neighborhood with plenty of space. People are friendly but mind their own business. Best part is on site garbage and recycling removal and never any raking, shoveling or plowing --all done for us and promptly too!
Donna Bigda, Agent, Branford, CT
Sat Apr 11, 2009
Ann,

Quonnipaug Hills is a lovely complex with approximately 200 units made up of 5 separate associations governed by their own by-laws, rules and regulations.

It is affordable country living at its best. Nestled in a private wooded setting there are hiking trails and lake access and you can walk to the Lake Quonnipaug town beach. There is also a tennis court in the complex too.

I've shown many units there and each one is unique in style and location within the complex.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Donna Bigda
RE/MAX Alliance
203-488-1641, ext. 214
The Tennis Court has been chained and padlocked due to safety issues.The tennis court had heaves and pot holes in the asphalt and the nets are falling over, so it is a good place to break an ankle . The 5 separate associations have confusing and conflicting rules that ensure that residents get fined for something.
Flag Sun Feb 9, 2014